September 5th, 2018, 12:41 am #11

[quote="albrado"]
In this case, you need a sling. 
[/quote]

For starters, ax kick the hell out of his instep.

Here ya go - a "longest weapon, nearest target" limb destruction.

Original YouTube Title:

Cro Cop vs Hong Man Choi (2008)

Alternate Link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_Oi3klFI4&app=desktop

September 5th, 2018, 12:21 pm #12

Fedor also fought Hong Man Choi. Other fights of this kind have been organized in K1, in MMA or in the early Vale Tudo. On Youtube we can also see street fights where little guys can overcome larger or stronger opponents. This is very instructive for the one who has enough experience to analyze these confrontations.

September 5th, 2018, 5:32 pm #13

One of my personal favorites - greatly worked on attributes (Bruce Lee's chief obsession) over that of the naturally greater size/mass of others.

Original YouTube Video Title:

Brandon Lee versus Chris McCallop

(no, not THAT Brandon).

Alternate Link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX08MVXFr84&app=desktop

September 5th, 2018, 7:41 pm #14

There are many JKD principles developed in GOD in this video. Which proves once again that Bruce Lee was a visionary. He was also the only martial artist who knew how to use fiction (cinema) to expose the truth (of combat in its widest sense).

September 12th, 2018, 10:31 am #15

[quote="FormlessOne"]
In the original Kung Fu movie, someone is throwing these steel, star-shaped disks at David Carradine, and the camera shows, in slow motion, how he avoids these weapons, has plenty of time to defend himself, is in no real danger where other men might wind up dead. I was quite amazed to find, after working with Bruce, that when I really had my presence of mind, when I did indeed control my life force, that’s what I saw, things coming in slow motion with plenty of time to get out of the way. It sounds bizarre, and it can’t be explained adequately except to those who have already experienced it, but it’s one of those willable miracles.
[/quote]

I'm reminded of an episode of Scrubs (called My Ocardial Infarction) where Elliot teaches J.D. how to deal with train-wreck codes by breathing slowly so that everything will slow down. When another such code occurs, J.D. breathes slowly, everything slows down, and he succeeds.