interesting parts about Lee

interesting parts about Lee

January 11th, 2018, 11:03 am #1

January 11th, 2018, 10:58 pm #2

Thanks for that interview,
I enjoyed it very much.
I've read and watched many interviews on Joe regarding Bruce.
Personally, I believe Joe knew Bruce's personality better than anyone and despite the debates on what Joe has previously said, I agree with his views on Bruce.

Bruce was childlike and sensitive and yet an awesome martial artist.
It's a nice combination and I've always respected Joe, especially his brave fight with a brain tumour.
He didn't pull his punches in his attitude to Bruce and I don't feel he ever sugar-coated them either.

One more thing too.
On his view of Bruce's death.
I recall him saying how his wife concocted an alcohol drink for Bruce once at his home.
Joe said it was thick syrupy drink.
When Bruce had it, he said how he just sweated and sweated, went red and threw up big time.
He said how Bruce's death wasn't a mystery to him as he felt Bruce had a super sensitive system to things.

I definitely go with that and always felt Bruce responded violently to his Hashish taking.
Just my opinion folks.
Regards!
Tony

January 12th, 2018, 9:18 am #3

I recall him saying how his wife concocted an alcohol drink for Bruce once at his home.
When Bruce had it, he said how he just sweated and sweated, went red and threw up big time.
He said how Bruce's death wasn't a mystery to him as he felt Bruce had a super sensitive system to things.

interesting , never knew that.

January 13th, 2018, 10:29 pm #4

Thanks for that interview,
I enjoyed it very much.
I've read and watched many interviews on Joe regarding Bruce.
Personally, I believe Joe knew Bruce's personality better than anyone and despite the debates on what Joe has previously said, I agree with his views on Bruce.

Bruce was childlike and sensitive and yet an awesome martial artist.
It's a nice combination and I've always respected Joe, especially his brave fight with a brain tumour.
He didn't pull his punches in his attitude to Bruce and I don't feel he ever sugar-coated them either.

One more thing too.
On his view of Bruce's death.

I definitely go with that and always felt Bruce responded violently to his Hashish taking.
Just my opinion folks.
Regards!
Tony
Does anybody believe this story? I remember reading about it in Davis Miller's "Tao of Bruce Lee" book. That's the only place I seen such a story.

January 14th, 2018, 8:22 pm #5

Miller , that settles it !
Didnt Lewis say that he was miss quoted many times in that book ?
That book also says that Lewis told Miller that he asked Bruce to spar with him and Bruce denied. Adding that Joe lewis thought that "he was scared" .

January 14th, 2018, 11:12 pm #6

It just seems like an overly simplistic conclusion to Bruce Lee's eventual death a few years later, "oh, he was just sensitive to a lot of things he put in his body." Okay, that settles it! Mystery solved!

January 15th, 2018, 12:26 am #7

Miller , that settles it !
Didnt Lewis say that he was miss quoted many times in that book ?
That book also says that Lewis told Miller that he asked Bruce to spar with him and Bruce denied. Adding that Joe lewis thought that "he was scared" .
Bruce Lee was sensitive to a lot of things just like he was a "sickly" child. These narratives don't fly especially when there is photographic evidence that say otherwise. Don't believe the hype. Bruce Lee at 9 or 10 had developed pecs and abs and looked like he was the captain of his 4th grade dodgeball team. But, you know, "sickly", "frail". Anything to perpetuate a fairy tale.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d7/59/8f ... 48321a.jpg