11:45 PM - Sep 24, 2018 #11

^^ In the beginning, which I know because I had a natural ability to fight (high school), there is no technique and there is no thought of it, or of throwing a punch or anything. But if you do not have a natural ability there is a long road to get back to that original freedom of 'no thought'. 

You can't just take beginners and say 'you have to transcend technique'. It is not something they will investigate. You can look at other people in other sports or arts who can jump and kick and it's pretty clear they have transcended but when you look at martial artists, not very many have transcended technique like you see in a professional ballet dancer or an Olympic level gymnast.

The concept of, the development of, the internal realization of, and the perception of 'no-mind' is very elusive and some people never get to that level. You still have professional tennis players trying not to 'interfere' with their own serve technique, i.e. once they think about it, they lose form.

Same thing with bowlers, archers, shooters, and in many other sports and activities. Just 'saying it' is superficial and does not mean the person saying it knows what it means or even how to do it.

2:27 AM - Sep 25, 2018 #12

[quote="badger01j"]
^^ In the beginning, which I know because I had a natural ability to fight (high school), there is no technique and there is no thought of it, or of throwing a punch or anything. But if you do not have a natural ability there is a long road to get back to that original freedom of 'no thought'. 

You can't just take beginners and say 'you have to transcend technique'. It is not something they will investigate. You can look at other people in other sports or arts who can jump and kick and it's pretty clear they have transcended but when you look at martial artists, not very many have transcended technique like you see in a professional ballet dancer or an Olympic level gymnast.

The concept of, the development of, the internal realization of, and the perception of 'no-mind' is very elusive and some people never get to that level. You still have professional tennis players trying not to 'interfere' with their own serve technique, i.e. once they think about it, they lose form.

Same thing with bowlers, archers, shooters, and in many other sports and activities. Just 'saying it' is superficial and does not mean the person saying it knows what it means or even how to do it.
[/quote]

Lol - in other words, what Dan was describing in that second video that Bruce had said to him, and what Kent described Dan doing with those students in that written interview, went right past your head.

Here, a clue from the movies - "wax on, wax off," lol.

Bit it's basically the same training method.

A means of distracting the "ambitious mind" at its "consciousness of self" so that one's 'it' can be free to do 'its' thing.

A means of training "in the zone" unaware one is doing so.

Distraction often being, a great means of allowing 'no-mind.'

At the same time, given the latest sciences, though highly effective for their time, those methods are a bit outdated.

1:27 PM - Sep 25, 2018 #13

^^ Insults? Really? I will no longer be discussing topics with you.