February 7th, 2013, 9:38 pm #11

great clip
this is making of the crow

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>
peace for bruce and brandon
Can I have your thoughts on this one please?

February 1st, 2018, 10:55 am #12

You would of been 48 today.. R.I.P
Brandon Lee, born on this date, in 1965, in Oakland.

February 1st, 2018, 6:42 pm #13

He would have turned 53 today. What a tragic loss (especially for Bruce's fans).

He had come to terms with who he was and was so comfortable being Bruce Lee's son.

And like Bruce, had a great wisdom years beyond his age when he died.

Missed.

February 2nd, 2018, 8:47 am #14

"The late Brandon Lee was once offered the chance to play his father, the late martial arts legend Bruce Lee, on film — but the young actor felt it would have been wrong.

In an undated interview unearthed by Heat Vision to commemorate what would have been Brandon Lee's 53rd birthday on Thursday, the son of Bruce Lee discussed why he passed on the lead role in the 1993 hit Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.

"I was a little scared by the whole thing, really," Brandon Lee explained. "It's strange to play your own father, you know? I couldn't really wrap my mind around it."

Both men tragically died far too young. Bruce Lee died in 1973 at the age of 32 from an allergic reaction. Brandon Lee died at 28 in 1993 after he was shot accidentally during production of The Crow.

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, directed Rob Cohen, is a biographical drama about the life of Bruce Lee, which ultimately stared Jason Scott Lee (no relation) in the title role.

Brandon Lee said that had he been older, perhaps the situation would have been different.

"It's funny, too, because to tell you the truth, if it had come along later in my career, I might have more seriously considered it," he said. "But as it is, it is so early in my career, it's the kind of thing I just feel like it could be a career ender."

In the same interview, Brandon Lee said he turned down plenty of offers for action movies because he wanted to be a proper actor and not typecast."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ry-1071598
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

February 3rd, 2018, 9:34 pm #15

They would have had to have an incredible makeup department for Brandon to portray his dad. It wouldn't have been the first time a white or white passing actor played an Asian though.

February 5th, 2018, 5:02 pm #16

What?!

February 5th, 2018, 7:52 pm #17

Since Brandon was only 3/8 Asian, http://www.thecrow.info/deathc.gif the term that would be applied to that would be biopic is "yellowface".

February 5th, 2018, 8:21 pm #18

From Wikipedia:

"Brandon Lee was trained in Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, and Shaolin Kung-Fu."

Of course, there are no sources backing up that statement. By any chance are there any articles that delves into Brandon's martial arts training?

Quick googling brought me these two links:

http://kungfukingdom.com/profile-of-brandon-lee/

"Training Background

Bruce Lee began training Brandon in kung fu – more specifically, Jeet Kune Do – as soon as he could walk. Jeet Kune Do, or the Way of the Intercepting Fist as a style and philosophy is an amalgam of offensive, defensive and evasive manoeuvres derived from a plethora of different martial art forms, sports and literature. Following Bruce’s passing, Brandon continued training under Bruce’s senior students Dan Inosanto and Richard Bustillo. Elements of Boxing, Muay Thai, Shoot Wrestling, Filipino Martial Arts and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are evident in Brandon’s style of choreography and fighting."

Still going throught this link but there appears to be a wealth of information in here: http://www.martialtalk.com/threads/what ... rts.74528/

February 13th, 2018, 6:23 am #19

How did Brandon Lee fans react to the wrestler Sting basically doing an Eric Draven impression the entire second half of his career? Tribute or ripoff? Lay the blame on Scott Hall? Praise Scott Hall?