Great forum and info for B.L. Fans

Great forum and info for B.L. Fans

September 22nd, 2017, 11:03 pm #1

Just wanted to give a shout out to the forum admin for this website. I used to check this forum out years ago and had some PC (Apple) issues making connections with the site and stopped checking in. Fast forward 5-6 yrs, here in 2017 and delighted to see the website and forum still active and growing.

I have been a Bruce Lee fan for decades and have allot of material collected, really impressed with how much I have learned through this site and its contributors.

Highlights for me as a fan was training with Dan Inosanto and Larry Hartsell in the Great Smokey Mountains in the 80's.

I have a wonderful email from Skip Ellsworth (Seattle) that I will try and share one day (6 pages). A Seattle visit in the 80's and allot of Bruce Lee landmarks were still in place (columns at U.W. and his old school was located and street and front of school was still visually much the same). And a hand written check from 1964 purchased years ago when Linda was auctioning off some of Bruce's personal materials

Thirty years later and the passion for his movies, writings, his life stories, remain the same. When I think about the confidence and ability he possessed, the determination and how focused he was to see it come to fruition, now that my fellow Bruce Lee fans are what legends are made of... Most importantly, I have come to the conclusion that is was his personal charisma that made the above all the more meaningful.

Thank you for allowing me to chime in and look forward to keeping up with this lively forum/threads as there posted.

Rich (Florida)

September 23rd, 2017, 9:23 am #2

Hi Rich!
I'm from Manchester, UK.
Nice to hear such great stories.
Hope you keep on this site now.
Nick's done a brilliant job in
keeping the flame alive and many great
contributors have also added their input.
That Skip e mail sounds great and we all
look forward to reading that.
Great memories you have with Dan & Larry.
I met John Saxon, Jim Kelly,Van Williams, Bob Baker
and Howard Williams.
I'm so fortunate Rich as John is the only
remaining one alive.
I'm 48 now and got into Bruce when I was 12.
How time flies!
Keep in touch.
Best Wishes!
Tony

September 23rd, 2017, 10:49 pm #3

Supposedly hes not in good shape these days :(

He was in Streets of SF with Jamie Farr , cool episode , its on dailymotion.

September 24th, 2017, 6:34 pm #4

Do you know what's exactly
wrong with him?

September 24th, 2017, 8:40 pm #5

NT

September 25th, 2017, 1:02 am #6

is not always a factor , that Jack Lalanne guy lived to be 100.

Saxon did a con some yrs ago , visibly frail and his wife was there too , in a foul mood : "stop doing these cons !"

September 25th, 2017, 1:08 am #7

It's safe to assume his ailments today are at least partly related to him being elderly.

September 27th, 2017, 9:44 pm #8

Just wanted to give a shout out to the forum admin for this website. I used to check this forum out years ago and had some PC (Apple) issues making connections with the site and stopped checking in. Fast forward 5-6 yrs, here in 2017 and delighted to see the website and forum still active and growing.

I have been a Bruce Lee fan for decades and have allot of material collected, really impressed with how much I have learned through this site and its contributors.

Highlights for me as a fan was training with Dan Inosanto and Larry Hartsell in the Great Smokey Mountains in the 80's.

I have a wonderful email from Skip Ellsworth (Seattle) that I will try and share one day (6 pages). A Seattle visit in the 80's and allot of Bruce Lee landmarks were still in place (columns at U.W. and his old school was located and street and front of school was still visually much the same). And a hand written check from 1964 purchased years ago when Linda was auctioning off some of Bruce's personal materials

Thirty years later and the passion for his movies, writings, his life stories, remain the same. When I think about the confidence and ability he possessed, the determination and how focused he was to see it come to fruition, now that my fellow Bruce Lee fans are what legends are made of... Most importantly, I have come to the conclusion that is was his personal charisma that made the above all the more meaningful.

Thank you for allowing me to chime in and look forward to keeping up with this lively forum/threads as there posted.

Rich (Florida)
The forum is only as good as it's members and I'm happy to say there's many fine ones here. Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

And thanks for sharing your own personal BL/JKD history - your 6 page letter from Skip does sound special so I would love to hear more about it. 44 years since Bruce passed but he will forever live on. I look forward to more of your excellent posts. All the best, Nick

October 5th, 2017, 1:20 am #9

Rich (Florida)
Would love to see the 6 pages of Ellsworth's email. Any chance of showing them to the fans here?

LJF

October 6th, 2017, 5:28 pm #10

Rich (Florida)
I’ve been reading that someone said I’m being too generous in giving my free research info in this forum in which some of the rare info have been ripped without crediting me or Nick’s forum. I’m fully aware of the whole situation all the time since I’m active and have connections in many parts of the BL world.

Well, let me say this, if it wasn’t for Nick’s forum, I won’t be here. Like what I told Nick before, I’ve been enjoying the wonderful posts from BL historians, veteran fans and Nick himself in this forum since 2005. While half-retiring from my hectic overseas work commitment, I decided to give back the joy I get from this forum by sharing my little knowledge of BL with fans in Nick’s forum. My first post was in late 2013 and since then I have posted many translated Chinese article, interviews, own articles and research info etc. This is indeed an excellent forum for fans to participate in discussion of BL’s topics and a great channel to touch base with BL fans from many parts of the world.

Recently, I noticed some of the articles and research info which I posted in this forum had been ripped and put under someone else name. Some have been put on websites and some even published without crediting the source. This is truly unprofessional and disrespectful to Nick and me. Look at what Bruce Thomas did previously, at least he credited Nick in his book, “Bruce Lee’s Fighting Spirit” when he did his research and obtained information from Nick’s forum. But not many people now care about ethic and ripping is one of the risks for posting rare info in forums.

As a matter of fact, we live in a world that breeds different kinds of people. Some good, some bad. While there’re always good ones who help and give others their share, unfortunately, there are also some bad apples who only wanted others to give free shares to them in their own interest and benefits but never reciprocate in rendering back anything of value. After much serious consideration, I think it’s time for me to move on and not to give away free research info here which I spent many hours and effort in researching. People really take for granted when it’s free and shows no respect or gratitude to the labor of the originator. Hence, I would rather now use it in other ways that I think would benefit the fans of future generations. Nevertheless, I would still be happy to discuss anything related to BL in this forum but to a selective group of people that I think are genuine and really worth the time and effort to discuss with.

With that saying, I would like to extend my deep appreciation to my dear friend, Nick Clarke once again for his invaluable support all these time and for giving me a chance to share my little knowledge with BL fans in this great platform (with a page on the website) which is dedicated to the one and only Bruce Lee!
CHEERS :)