Fred Weintraub & Tom Kuhn Talk About Bruce Lee

Fred Weintraub & Tom Kuhn Talk About Bruce Lee

December 11th, 2012, 5:04 pm #1

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

December 11th, 2012, 6:50 pm #2

Thank you Nick,

also for the Big Boss thing.

December 11th, 2012, 9:07 pm #3

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>
Tom Kuhn stated that Bruce Lee spoke in broken English. You agree? I don't. Yeah he had an accent, but his English wasn't "broken". There's a difference. That's my opinion.

December 11th, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

Well, English is not my native language, but as far as I understood Mr. Kuhn, he said that Mr. Lee´s English was a little hard to understand. Maybe because of his accent.

December 12th, 2012, 12:03 am #5

Tom Kuhn stated that Bruce Lee spoke in broken English. You agree? I don't. Yeah he had an accent, but his English wasn't "broken". There's a difference. That's my opinion.
Sounds more of a racist comment more than anything. With his temperment, Lee must have had incredible restraint, not going after these qweilos!

December 12th, 2012, 12:07 am #6

Well, English is not my native language, but as far as I understood Mr. Kuhn, he said that Mr. Lee´s English was a little hard to understand. Maybe because of his accent.
Lee was much easier to understand than a number of others in Hollywood in those days. In fact, his accent was rather cool. Not as ethnic.

December 12th, 2012, 1:43 am #7

Sounds more of a racist comment more than anything. With his temperment, Lee must have had incredible restraint, not going after these qweilos!
Now this is my personal take on Kuhn, my perception. Every time he describes his meeting with Bruce Lee in his office concering 'The Warrior' it seems he goes out of his way to describe Lee as some sort of glorified jumping and screaming monkey. You may read it differently. Kuhn's an older guy. I don't know where he was born and raised, but he comes across as a guy who really wasn't exposed to many people other than WASPs. That's my perception on Kuhn. It's as if he is threatened by non-Caucasions in positions of power.

December 12th, 2012, 3:07 pm #8

He's just another racist qweilo. Bruce should have introduced him to that side kick.

December 12th, 2012, 3:27 pm #9

Bruce spoke perfect english, also on his audio interviews.

Leon

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 12th, 2012, 3:54 pm #10

I am not a native speaker, but for my opinion Bruce had excellent english language, very cool pronounciation in his own special way. After I heard his audio I always caught myself I try to copy him when I talk on english.)) Even nowdays chinese artists can't talk on such perfect english as Bruce Lee was. That means he was really really smart and wise one.