Did Gary Elms passed away on Jan 1, 2018?

5:28 PM - Sep 18, 2018 #1

I´ve found this on the Sherdog MMA forum. A woman named Jessica Elms wrote Gary was her uncle and he died on New Years Day 2018:

"Gary Elms is my uncle, he passed away on New Years Day. It’s all true about Gary and Bruce Lee. Growing up my dad, Gary and Bruce Lee were friends and since a child I’ve always heard stories of them together. Unfortunately a lot of people from that time have now passed away. Up to you all to believe it or not but I know for a fact it’s 100% true."

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/bruce ... s.2934397/

(scroll down to the bottom)

This was Jessica Elm´s only post there.

Of course it´s impossible to say if she´s legit or not...

I am sceptical because of her statement "Growing up my dad, Gary and Bruce Lee were friends and since a child I’ve always heard stories of them together".
Those storys must have been 1958 and 1959, because Elms didn´t move to the US in ´59 but Lee did.
In Robert and Phoebe´s movie "BL - My Brother", it really looks like Bruce and Gary became like buddys after their Boxing bout. But who knows?

6:57 PM - Sep 18, 2018 #2

An interesting find, thanks. I think she meant her dad grew up with Gary and Bruce and he used to tell her stories as a child.

8:39 PM - Sep 18, 2018 #3

Ah ok, thx! :-)
Then it makes sense. Maybe she´s really Elm´s niece and he died on New Years day...