Did BL know he would die young?

Did BL know he would die young?

July 9th, 2018, 4:02 pm #1

https://www.ranker.com/list/family-curs ... lan?page=2

I have supposedly had many premonitions of his own death. He said that he did not believe he would live to be even half as old as his father, who died at the age of 64. At the time of his own death, Bruce was 32.

https://vingtsunserbia.wordpress.com/ab ... bruce-lee/

In telling me these two events Bruce's aim was to prove that he would fight anybody at any time. He was like a wounded beast. He did not have to worry about any other thing. If a famous and rich man was normal, he would not behave in this way unless he had some hidden secrets. As Bruce had said, his children would not have to suffer poverty. I knew that I would die at an early age. No matter how he pretended or tried to cover up, his thoughts would show up in his words and attitude. In front of his close friend, it was certainly much more difficult to hide his real self.

He chose 'Game of Death` for the name of his last movie , may not be just a coincidence.

July 9th, 2018, 4:19 pm #2

^ I think he knew he was doing risky things with his health, though he had a young constitution. Several of his students and friends talked about his over use of the emergency adrenaline system to bring up his energy.

July 9th, 2018, 7:48 pm #3

Charles Lowe, one of the people who he had worked with, claimed that Bruce discovered he had a brain tumor.

July 10th, 2018, 12:31 pm #4

[quote="Hai_Tien"]
Charles Lowe, one of the people who he had worked with, claimed that Bruce discovered he had a brain tumor.
[/quote]

Then why did not appear at the autopsy?

July 10th, 2018, 4:03 pm #5

Conflated from 'brain swelling', I'm guessing.

July 10th, 2018, 5:42 pm #6

one of his co worker in HK said that he told him that "you will live longer than I will" even though that guy was older than him. That clip in on youtube. I think Larry Hartshell also wrote that subconsciously it seemed that he knew he will die young . Or maybe he realized a long time ago that no one can keep up the pace he was at (training and than in every other way ones his movies started coming out) without something giving way . Chuck Norris said that his greatest quality and biggest problem was one in the same, he never could relax etc etc. I even heard that Tupac went through sleepless nights just working at a crazy pace right before he died. So maybe it is a self fulfilling prophecy or maybe it is something that science still has not tapped into

July 10th, 2018, 5:44 pm #7

Go to 2:00 to hear Charles talk more about it - Bruce planned to get it removed in October after completing Game of Death:

Allegedly, Bruce told Charles not to tell anyone about it. If true, it's because someone would try to exploit his weakness. For example, cannabis can be used to shrink tumors, and someone could easily taint his stash if they knew that he depended on it. Quite a few people noticed that, in his final months, he was paranoid. This quotation from James Coburn sums it up best...

“Towards the end of his life, Bruce seemed to be carrying a great weight – something bad set in. He was being hit on all sides by everybody…and he had to have his guard up all the time.”

July 11th, 2018, 10:24 am #8

I cant understand, anyone write the transcript of that part ?
plus i was referring to another interview with someone else.

July 11th, 2018, 11:57 am #9

I know; I was just responding to badger01j but the timing of my post meant that it came after yours.

The interview that you were referring to ("You will live longer than I will") was with Shek Kin (a.k.a. Shih Kien).

July 11th, 2018, 2:30 pm #10

Sorry, though probably well-meaning I just don't find the comments by Charles Lowe credible. There is no good reason to hide this finding in the autopsy, and think about it, how would BL have known he had a brain mass? Back in the 1970s there were not good methods other than contrast dye and MRI was invented in 1971 but not implemented until the early 1980s. It's an opinion but I think it's a stretch that, first BL would have known about it and second that it was not mentioned in the autopsy.