Chris Alexis aka Shaolin Video/Martial Cub

January 28th, 2014, 9:05 pm #1

Does anyone remember this guy?, he was based in London and use to sell videos and do conventions in the early 90's. I brought stacks of Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan videos from him back in the 90's! Wonder where he is now? anyone heard anything about him lately? Last time I dealt with him was about 1997.

Davey T.
Davey T.

February 22nd, 2014, 1:28 am #2

Have not heard of him lately but Martial Club RIPPED OFF a lot of fans! When they closed & stopped sending out orders, many had sent money awaiting orders and never got them!

Besides they were charging crazy prices £20/£25 for Bruce Lee Longbeach £20/£25 for Wing Chun Demo, etc.

The conventions they put on like 'Tracking The Dragon' were good, at least worth it for the guests. Remember was in front row, & someone had really bad flatulence, geez 3 of us had to move it was so fierce. Great shame official BL channels (Bruce Lee Estate/Foundation) didn't follow suit and organise conventions in diff. countries for the fans with guests, etc.

February 24th, 2014, 10:38 pm #3

I spent a fortune in the early 90's, they were happy days though! Got some nice and some not so nice tapes from him! I remember getting Twin Dragons from Chris back in 1993, I was watching the last scene and the tape ran out! about 10 minutes before the film finished! :).

I only ever spoke to him on the phone, he always liked to chat (even if you weren't buying anything) so he was cool in that respect! He even called me to tell me Brandon Lee had died!

Do you have any pictures of him?, never seen what he looked like!

Davey T.
Davey T.

February 25th, 2014, 8:20 pm #4

Does anyone remember this guy?, he was based in London and use to sell videos and do conventions in the early 90's. I brought stacks of Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan videos from him back in the 90's! Wonder where he is now? anyone heard anything about him lately? Last time I dealt with him was about 1997.
Remember Chris from conventions, nice guy. From what I remember he looked little like George Tan only more Italian/Spanish looking. I'm sure he can be seen in some of the videos, maybe 'Tracking The Dragon' will need to check.

When I was at 'Tracking The Dragon' with Bob Baker,George Tan,John Saxon. Somebody kept farting in the front row silently,my god it was fierce like nothing on earth worse than a skunk smells,after the first couple of times we couldn't take it anymore so moved seats. Can always remember as we movede I looked up and George Tan was speaking at the time, he looked directly at us as if to say hey I'm speaking don't be rude, whilst Bob Baker's eyes followed us and he looked bemused where are these guys going. From the 'Tracking The Dragon' video we were able to identify the culprit,& he can even be seen smiling whilst we quietly spoke to each other about the flatulence, never got his name though.

Can remember videos bought from them one even cut out before end of film and went to kids cartoons! They must have used old tape and recorded over it. Some old tapes they used were well worn so you got a lot of lines through footage! At the time though they were getting the footages ahead of most people in U.K.,so the real fans paid the silly prices.

February 26th, 2014, 3:46 pm #5

Chris Alexis is a black guy, the Italian/Spanish looking guy worked with Chris. I think he had a better voice or something that Chris told me about back in the days.

Colin
Colin

February 26th, 2014, 6:24 pm #6

Guys, wasn't the Spanish looking called Marc Storey? He was always the MC at the tracking the dragon conventions.
Remember paying £25 for the videos. And yes I received a spliced together enter the dragon which was crap quality. But yes they always had the rare stuff first

February 27th, 2014, 6:09 pm #7

Yes, Marc Storey was the MC guy in the Tracking the Dragon Videos. I think Chris can be see for a couple of seconds in the Shannon Lee Convention Video! (link below)

Can be seen at 01:07 and 02:15 of this video:

I think he is the guy with the loud red shirt!?? :)

February 27th, 2014, 9:41 pm #8

Yep that is Chris in the red shirt. I didn't go to that convention, was that also at hotel Ibis?