Bruce Lee vs Jackie Chan

Bruce Lee vs Jackie Chan

Matt
Matt

May 14th, 2017, 6:04 am #1

May 14th, 2017, 7:30 pm #2

....I think a Bruce Lee vs Sonny Chiba match would be even more exciting to watch.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 15th, 2017, 3:21 am #3

if you ever watch his 70's Karate movie. Really can't compare him to Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, of course. They are of different classes. Sonny Chiba is way below though he is a martial artist in real life.

May 15th, 2017, 4:11 pm #4

I disagree that he is stiff, but you are correct that they are on different classes. On a side note, Chiba was planned to play one of the leads on Enter The Dragon's sequel. Chiba also admitted to being heavily influenced by Bruce Lee on several interviews. I don't know if they actually had the chance of meeting each other while Lee was still alive.

May 15th, 2017, 6:17 pm #5

According to Chiba, he was to meet Bruce Lee on July 20th 1973 to discuss his role in Game of Death, when he got to HK airport a reporter asked him what the thought about "Bruce Lee's death today?" that's how he found out Bruce Lee had died.

May 15th, 2017, 7:29 pm #6

I forgot about that detail. Thanks for reminding me rockfish. Another curio is that Sonny Chiba eventually made his own flick in Thailand. It's nothing to brag about, and the movie's title (Soul of Chiba) is about as generic as it could get. It got even worse when it was released in certain markets as "Soul of Bruce," in spite of the movie itself not even having a single mention or reference to the Little Dragon himself.

May 15th, 2017, 7:47 pm #7

He was ok, I liked his "Street Fighter" movies. Would have been interesting to see what role Lee had for him. Good guy or Bad guy?

May 22nd, 2017, 10:16 pm #8

Most likely an Anti-hero, which is the same trope Sonny Chiba generally played in his most well known flicks. Methinks that had they worked together, Chiba would've influenced Bruce Lee to give Japanese martial arts a bigger forefront in his work (We could've seen a Karate centric flick starring Lee), just like how Lee was inspired to incorporate Taekwondo into his work by Jhoon Rhee.