Bruce Lee reading about Frazier-Foreman

Bruce Lee reading about Frazier-Foreman

January 6th, 2018, 1:09 pm #1

Hey Guys

Sorry if I've asked before but I couldn't find the thread. Who was it that said they gave Bruce Lee a copy of a boxing magazine (I think it was Ring) on the set of Enter the Dragon? Bruce was apparently reading about Frazier-Foreman (January 22, 1973) cover to cover. I think it may have Jim Kelly, but I can't remember what book this was in or where I read it. Does anyone recall? It's definitely been on the ETD set because the dates match up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

January 6th, 2018, 1:24 pm #2

January 6th, 2018, 4:47 pm #3

Cheers Chris. Funnily enough, I have the two back issues either side of that once (see link below). Can you remember where the story of Lee reading the magazine originated? I can't remember:

https://ibb.co/gt5JRb

January 6th, 2018, 11:35 pm #4

Hey Guys

Sorry if I've asked before but I couldn't find the thread. Who was it that said they gave Bruce Lee a copy of a boxing magazine (I think it was Ring) on the set of Enter the Dragon? Bruce was apparently reading about Frazier-Foreman (January 22, 1973) cover to cover. I think it may have Jim Kelly, but I can't remember what book this was in or where I read it. Does anyone recall? It's definitely been on the ETD set because the dates match up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure of the interview, but according to this site Bruce was already a subscriber to Ring magazine, so he may not have needed anyone to give him a copy.

http://houseofbrucelee.blogspot.ca/2012/08/books.html
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

January 7th, 2018, 3:48 pm #5

Thanks a ton JKD.

Yeah, I found that site a while back. I'm just sure I read that someone gave Bruce a copy of THE RING on the ETD set and he was engrossed in it. The person in question was highlighting how focused Lee could be on one thing.

If anyone gets the answer, please let me know. I'll keep looking.