September 12th, 2018, 5:18 pm #11

By the way, that cock-eyed guy who's outfit switches from yellow to white, and then back again, and so on, was a very highly skilled martial artist who starred in other films.

Also, there is a guy in the background just before Lee faces Han during the courtyard's big battle, who looks like he has some decent martial arts skills.

And there is another one with good martial skills in the courtyard battle's background who also went on to do well in films. I forget his name. He plays that bad guy in Mao's "Hapkido" whom Sammo Hung first beats the tar out of in that restaurant scene.

Never mind the astoundingly very poor use made of the best martial artist ever to appear in any of Bruce's martial films - Hwang In-shik.

Guys like him were fantastic in their own right.

Yet Lee repeatedly chooses much more inferior martial arts actors for sidekicks and or villains.

Huge mistake on Bruce's part.

Damned ego.

Huge mistake.

His films could only have been that much better in their action sequences.

Shih Kien - give me a break.

Though choosing him as Han tells me that Lee had had no intention of turning his back on his Hong Kong audience upon his planned return to the U.S., Kien, was nevertheless a very poor choice as a villain, martial arts skills wise.

I wish I could remember that little cock-eyed guy's name - his movies had some really great fight scenes.

He would have made a perfect Han.

Exactly what he went on to do, play bad guys with great martial skills - against other, highly skilled martial actors of that time.

Oh well, c'est la vie dans les films, lol

September 12th, 2018, 5:47 pm #12

We can analyze EtD and wish for something better but even if you had better martial artists better villains better competition for BL to fight, I'm not sure it would have made a better movie. True Shih Kien was quite old by then but he has a classic villain appearance and holds up his end well enough. IMO, he didn't really need to be a competitive fighter, all he had to do is look menacing.

As I said in other posts, Robert Wall turned out to be a great villain and he really deserves at least 50% or more of the credit for the great scenes because he really knew how to 'sell' BL's punches.

I think we might have picked someone better than 'Roper' (John Saxon) but he was OK for the part he had. I'd have liked to see more of Angela Mao.

It might have been fun to see BL fight Bolo but then again the key element is to be able to have good sreactions to being hit and maybe Bolo wouldn't have been that good. 

September 12th, 2018, 6:36 pm #13

FormlessOne wrote:
pathfinder73 wrote: I can see this underneath. What can you see?

I can see only the quote, like, and share options.
Thanks any change now?

September 12th, 2018, 9:51 pm #14

[quote="pathfinder73"]
[quote="FormlessOne"]
[quote="pathfinder73"]
I can see this underneath. What can you see?

[img]https://image.ibb.co/jT0tpp/screen.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I can see only the quote, like, and share options.
[/quote]

Thanks any change now?
[/quote]

Nope, nada - same old, same old.

Lol - must be its' internal program's "thusness" - "thus it is written, thus it is so..."

September 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm #15

Yeah I think only Nick has the 'edit' button enabled, which is a shame because typos will creep in no matter how careful one is.