BRUCE LEE MEDALLION

BRUCE LEE MEDALLION

February 13th, 2014, 1:00 pm #1

YAWN ...... tat , tat , tat .

February 14th, 2014, 10:05 am #2

Very cool and even more inspirational than I thought was possible!

February 16th, 2014, 10:31 am #3

the word cool makes me think ...

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 16th, 2014, 9:09 pm #4

Very cool and even more inspirational than I thought was possible!
what is cool, I did not see anything in that post ?

February 18th, 2014, 6:52 pm #5

YAWN ...... tat , tat , tat .
What do you guys think of the Israeli fighting system Krav Maga? I think it's the closest fighting system to JKD I've seen, they take techniques from various martial arts, favor full contact sparring & simple direct attacks, I think Lee would have liked to work with these guys, anyone want to chime in?

Silentflute
Silentflute

February 18th, 2014, 10:43 pm #6

There are many systems that go for the eclectic nature of JKD- indeed inspired by JKD. the problem is that none of these systems were able to take it to the next level. it's always some mish mash derivative form that can be comapred to what BL was doing in the 60's. That being said, in my opinion, only one person within the self defense world has taken the JKD concept to the next level:

Tony Blauer's SPEAR System.

www.tonyblauer.com

The emphasis is taking the body's hard wired natural flinch response to danger and converting it to a tactically effecient close quarter tool. The concept of closest weapon close target, body mechanics and scenario based training9ballistic micro fighting)-- rather than sparring.

February 19th, 2014, 8:45 pm #7

I'll have to check that out, thanks.

fistic law
fistic law

February 19th, 2014, 11:40 pm #8

There are many systems that go for the eclectic nature of JKD- indeed inspired by JKD. the problem is that none of these systems were able to take it to the next level. it's always some mish mash derivative form that can be comapred to what BL was doing in the 60's. That being said, in my opinion, only one person within the self defense world has taken the JKD concept to the next level:

Tony Blauer's SPEAR System.

www.tonyblauer.com

The emphasis is taking the body's hard wired natural flinch response to danger and converting it to a tactically effecient close quarter tool. The concept of closest weapon close target, body mechanics and scenario based training9ballistic micro fighting)-- rather than sparring.
Bruce Lee already did that. look it up he called it "fistic law" Patrick strong from the seattle era is still currently teaching fistic law as it was taught to him by Bruce.

Silentflute
Silentflute

February 20th, 2014, 10:14 pm #9

Indeed,BL was very much aware of the startle flinch response.Yet the way he trained was still cognitively based.

In a true ambush, human physiology overrides cognition.A person can't successfully access their complex motor skills until they reach a point of domination over their opponent.And that was the missing piece in JKD -- the transition from gross motor skills to complex motor skills.This involves the efficient use of the forearms with splayed fingers, which by natural instinctive body movement, is already predisposed in the person being attacked.

Also, in the SPEAR System, emhasis is scenario based training that starts with an ambush attack- verbal, psychological and physical- within the context of a scenario, as opposed to controlled, give and take sparring.this is highly more efficient in training as one must weather the emotional and psychological attack first-- which is always where we're hit first in a confrontation.

March 3rd, 2014, 3:30 pm #10

Hi there everyone!
For those of you who have a Kindle, check out the book called 'Bruce lee
Joe Lewis and I'
It's only £2.50 and is a good read.
Quite a few people are interviewed.
It's on the Amazon web.
Best wishes.