Bruce Lee did not just love his family.

August 8th, 2018, 2:48 pm #1

Bruce Lee really was a great man, not only did he love his family intensely as he loved his friends intensely.

VR: And loyalty, yeah. Paying for the medical bills of stuntmen he’d injured, things of that nature. But what was the charitable act that you felt was the most generous?

MP: I thought it was making Chuck Norris a star. That was the biggest one. The little ones are really touching the way he helped the stuntmen along, the money, he would look after people when he got famous. I didn’t talk about this much, but he got Jhoon Rhee, the DC Taekwondo guy...

VR: Yeah, legend.

MP: Yeah, he got him his own movie. “When Taekwondo Attacks”, I think it was called. And he just arranged for them to give him an entire movie. Now, that’s a good friend! (Laughs) I have friends, they don’t get me movie deals. That’s the thing I admire most about Bruce, was loyalty to his friends. If you were good with Bruce - small things, too. He would write letters to friends like Taky Kimura when he was going through a divorce, and Bruce would write him a letter in the middle of all all of his fame, a long letter telling him ”hold on, walk on, it’ll be better”. He didn’t forget his friends when he got famous.

August 8th, 2018, 3:19 pm #2

He elevated all he met. He was kind to many students and as said in another post, he might have slapped a couple challengers but only really hurt one guy (the karate guy at the Y).

He shared his philosophy and methods to a large degree and practiced what he preached. Jackie Chan talks about how worried he was when he accidentally whacked him with a stick.

Many, many martial artists of that time were not nice, they deluded their students and virtually stole their money, and gave them ridiculous training. Many with 1/10th the talent strutted around with big egos, while he talked about trying to tame his ego.

August 8th, 2018, 8:24 pm #3

[quote="caucazhin"]
he was arrogant cocky self centered & self absorbed
he talked SMACK behind everyones back
WAKE UP Little asian refugee i know u need a " HERO "
but hes 6 FEET UNDER
[/quote]

But Warner had to go to China to hire a little Asian to fight in his films because no white man was good enough for work, he was arrogant but he was right in being, he was the best in the world, he was better than any American, has died but will always be remembered, as you can be sure that no one will ever remember your pathetic existence, nor will your family remember you.