July 1st, 2018, 2:37 pm #241

[quote="leon00"]
HI MR Polly thanks for anwering the question what is the best bio you have read about Bruce Lee?
[/quote]

Besides mine? :) I think the most fun one to read was Don Atyeo and Felix Dennis, "Bruce Lee: King of Kung-Fu" (1975). Mito Uyehara's "Bruce Lee: The Incomparable Fighter" had the most useful quotes from Bruce packed into it, but it was pretty poorly written. Jesse Glover's "Bruce Lee: Between Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do" did the best job of capturing who Bruce Lee was as a person.

July 1st, 2018, 3:31 pm #242

Two great picks - Jesse's book and King of Kung Fu. Did you try contacting Don Atyeo? He met Bruce in HK and interviewed many before and after his passing including Betty Ting Pei.

http://www.felixdennis.com/UserFiles/wp ... rticle.pdf

July 1st, 2018, 3:55 pm #243

[quote="matthewpolly"]
That's a great question. As of now, I don't have plans for a book signing in London. Hopefully I will do a few interviews. It depends on what my publicist can get me.
[/quote]
I know a radio presenter in the UK who would love to interview you. He's got a keen interest in Bruce Lee and did a great interview with Bey Logan a couple of years ago. He's also had Michael Worth on his show talking about Bruce and the Bruceploitation films.

July 2nd, 2018, 12:36 am #244

[quote="pathfinder73"]
Two great picks - Jesse's book and King of Kung Fu. Did you try contacting Don Atyeo? He met Bruce in HK and interviewed many before and after his passing including Betty Ting Pei.

http://www.felixdennis.com/UserFiles/wp ... rticle.pdf
[/quote]

I interviewed Alex Ben Block, Tom Bleecker, Davis Miller, and Bey Logan. I would have loved to interview Don Atyeo. I looked him up. If I'm not mistaken, he is no longer alive.

July 2nd, 2018, 12:37 am #245

[/quote]
I know a radio presenter in the UK who would love to interview you. He's got a keen interest in Bruce Lee and did a great interview with Bey Logan a couple of years ago. He's also had Michael Worth on his show talking about Bruce and the Bruceploitation films.
[/quote]

Is that Iain Lee? I contacted him. He expressed interest and then I haven't heard back from him.

July 2nd, 2018, 3:17 am #246

Matthew Polly, I' like to personally thank you for your work on this man's story, and appreciate the dedication you put into your research, unearthing aspects of the true story that went glossed over for decades. Personally, as a kid growing up, I, like so many others, was captivated by the dynamic onscreen charisma and fighting skill/choreography of this entertainer. Before I got to know him he was gone... I then sought out any books, movies (including, for shame the Bruceploitation craze, admittedly), magazines, interviews, news clippings, etc. anything having to do with him. Over the years I came to realize that since his fame actually came post humously, his story had been angled excluding unpleasantness, unsavory, and immoral realities, to present him in a most lucrative and enterprising manner, forgetting his own mantra "to honestly, express yourself." 

No more. Blood and Steel fittingly could've been the subtitle for this work, bringing things full circle. 

Thanks again, 
DragonB. 

July 2nd, 2018, 3:38 am #247

That's very kind of you to say DragonB. My goal was to honor my childhood hero and inspiration by telling the truth about him. I'm delighted you feel I succeeded. (PS, Blood & Steel would have been an excellent subtitle!)

July 2nd, 2018, 6:03 am #248

[/quote]

Is that Iain Lee? I contacted him. He expressed interest and then I haven't heard back from him.
[/quote]

Yes Iain Lee. I spoke to him yesterday via email and he's still keen for the interview but was waiting to hear back from you. Could be one of your emails didn't get through to him.

July 2nd, 2018, 1:17 pm #249

Besides mine? :) I think the most fun one to read was Don Atyeo and Felix Dennis, "Bruce Lee: King of Kung-Fu" (1975). Mito Uyehara's "Bruce Lee: The Incomparable Fighter" had the most useful quotes from Bruce packed into it, but it was pretty poorly written. Jesse Glover's "Bruce Lee: Between Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do" did the best job of capturing who Bruce Lee was as a person.

Hahahaha I don't know about your book just order it we wait and see.

I don't belief that Don Atyeo and Felix Dennis met Bruce Lee in HK  for an interview. Never saw a  any pic of them together or any interviews about it, but thats my opinion.
I like the books of Bruce Thomas and Thomas Bleecker  and Davis Miller also...

What is the best Bruce Lee movie you seen? I like FOF and GOD the footage that survived....

Regards,
Leon

July 2nd, 2018, 6:31 pm #250

[quote="GregKProbert"]

Yes Iain Lee. I spoke to him yesterday via email and he's still keen for the interview but was waiting to hear back from you. Could be one of your emails didn't get through to him.
[/quote]

Thank you very much, Greg. I thought perhaps he lost interest. I have emailed him again. I will be in England from July 10-15, so hopefully I will get a chance to do an interview with him. Really appreciate your help.