June 25th, 2018, 12:56 am #221

Re: Bruce Lee & The Beatles in, Bruce Thomas's Fighting Spirit, it mentioned Bruce Lee singing "Yesterday" while sitting behind Coburn in a car, scouting locations for The Silent Flute. The same incident in Bruce Lee: A Life, Bruce was singing "pop songs".

June 25th, 2018, 2:35 am #222

Many thanks for your reply Matthew.  I am delighted to hear most of his siblings are still alive, they have kept a low profile all these years.  I cannot blame his daughter for wanting to keep a focus on Bruce's film career, writings, philosophy and marketing his image in the highest positive way, she has every right to do so.  I do feel she has forgotten the hard core fans that helped keep his memory alive during times when the world lost interest to some degree (80's & 90's).  There were many Bruce Lee fan clubs (I joined a few) back in those days that held movie/memorabilia events, JKD training seminars and hosted his former students to train with.  These loyal fans were the nucleus whom were always advocating and spreading the word of Bruce Lee.  Fast forward thirty years and she has aligned herself with Hollywood and star athletes (smart move I guess) but I feel missing the real spirit of Bruce Lee lives on through his millions of fans world wide.  Where are these celebrities when it comes to saving Bruce Lee's former home in Hong Kong ( it was on the market a few years back and was being considered for a heritage/historic landmark), don't just say your a huge Bruce Lee fan, put your money where your mouth is and lets do something to really honor Bruce.  Saving his former home that could be visited by fans around the world...now that to me would mean something long term.

June 25th, 2018, 10:55 am #223

I wonder what Shannon's last memory of her father was. It's too bad that Brandon wasn't interviewed about what he remembered of that final day.

June 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm #224

[quote="Hai_Tien"]
I wonder what Shannon's last memory of her father was. It's too bad that Brandon wasn't interviewed about what he remembered of that final day.
[/quote]

At a convention in London around 1995 she just said all she could remember of him was a fuzzy image of a man and not much apart from that.

June 25th, 2018, 12:26 pm #225

Shannon was about 4 years old when her dad passed away, so it's part for the course that she wouldn't have much of a solid memory of him.

June 26th, 2018, 1:12 pm #226

"Blood Sweat & Tears"

Lazenby wanted them to do the music for OHMSS , instead they went with Armstrong.....Laz was a little sour bout that :p

June 29th, 2018, 8:03 am #227

Polly tweeted this letter Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee.

June 29th, 2018, 9:47 am #228

A question for Matthew Polly,

Hi MR Polly I real want to buy the book but then I saw something about the book:

Hardcover are 656 pages and softcover are 672 pages...can you explain that?

Regards,
Leon

June 29th, 2018, 1:19 pm #229

[quote="PhantomDreamer"]
Polly tweeted this letter Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee.

[/quote]

As an "apology" it's kind of weak sauce. Thanks so much for posting MP!!

June 29th, 2018, 4:34 pm #230

Bruce respected Norris IMO - they seemed happy together in photos and he recommended Norris to McQueen but chastised Silliphant for going to Karate after he left for HK.  I think the extra weight Norris was carrying in WAY did slow him down because he was not at his normal fighting weight. Lee I think signed Norris up for two movies - why he later had to do Yellow Faced Tiger aka Slaughter in San Francisco for Golden Harvest.