Bob Wall talks about the difference between Lee and Seagal

4:49 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #1

MPM: Okay, how about all these rumors about people on the Bruce Lee sets challenging him… you know like on ETD, did you ever witness any of this, is there anything on film?

Bob Wall: Well, yeah, I saw Bruce beat up a couple of people. There weren’t a lot of challenges. There’s a lot of people who ‘talk’ like Steven Seagal…
The main incident was a guy on the wall speaking in cantonese who was basically saying ‘you’re not a martial artist, you’re just an actor” and Bruce said “oh really. Come on down and show me what you got” and the guy goes down there and Bruce was just playing around with him and the guy was trying to take his head off and Bruce realized, I know bruce real well, I saw his whole face change cause this guy was really trying to hurt him and Bruce just then kicks the **** out of him, rammed him to the wall, arm-locked him, smacked him 3 or 4 times on the face, and the guy just started going ‘I quit, I quit, I quit’ Bruce smacked him a few more times. The guy couldn’t move at all. And then Bruce told him ‘Not bad for an actor’. And the guy then bowed to him. That’s the difference between Seagal and Bruce. Seagal would’ve fired him, but Bruce just let him fly back on the wall. But he let him know on no uncertain terms that they were totally mismatched. You see Bruce was a world class martial artist and there are a lot of Black Belts walking around thinking there’s no difference between a world class and a black belt. But there is a big difference. Bruce was the real deal. I remember one time when Chuck and I came to HK from Rome, there were headlines when we got there in all the papers basically saying the whan bang what’s his name was challenging Chuck Norris. Bruce said awww forget it, I get these all the time, you knock down 2, 4 more come up, you knock 4 down, 8 more come up, just ignore it, but Chuck was very upset about it and Chuck doesn’t back down from anybody, talk about an authentic world champion and he doesn’t take that kind of stuff. But they didn’t mention anything about me so I told Chuck don’t worry about it and so I said “I’m Chuck’s student i , I accept the challenge but a couple of little things were going to be on Enjoy Yourself Tonight (a show in HK that was kind of like Johnny Carson)… Lets have a death match with no rules. I’m going to kill all the challengers on live TV. Come on over to Enjoy Yourself Tonight, I’m going to let you hit me first and then I’m going to kill you. And anybody that doesn’t show up is a chicken! So all challenges, anywhere, come on over, no tricks, no hogwash, it’ll be just you and me, we’re going to get out there and we’re gonna go for it!” So we got there and there’s thousands and thousands of people around and we go on and all of the sudden there is just silence. All these ‘mouths’ didn’t want to step up.

5:37 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #2

Nice to read, thx for posting this!

But honestly who the heck is Whang Bang? :-D

I would have like to see a no rule street fight between Norris/Wall and Wong Shun Leung, who was a very capable street fighter with a big reputation in HK.

5:45 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #3

Reading Wall´s statement about the challanges in Enjoy yourself Tonight: It s very interesting...but i wonder a little bit why this was never told before?
I don´t mean by Lee, i mean by moderators of that show. Don´t u think it would be big news if something like that would happen on David Letterman or Conan O´Brian?
Letterman and O´Brian + all people which work on their show would talk about it.

5:07 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #4

Bob Wall: "Chuck was very upset about it and Chuck doesn’t back down from anybody, talk about an authentic world champion and he doesn’t take that kind of stuff"

I would disagree. Taking smack talk as a challenge you have to answer is a sign of insecurity. A professional only fights if they're getting paid. Since he had few 'real fights', being a point fighter, those guys never really know how they'd do in a real fight with a tough guy. It makes them anxious. 

You don't find that in someone who has fought a lot as a professional unless there's a character flaw.

11:05 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #5

That idiot "caucazhin" is banned from the forum.

11:06 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #6

Seagal acted like a prick at LFCC : would not talk to fans/ignoring , kept his eyes shut om photos etc