Behind the Scenes with Bruce Lee by George Tan Black Belt Nov 1990 Vol. 28 No.11

Behind the Scenes with Bruce Lee by George Tan Black Belt Nov 1990 Vol. 28 No.11

January 22nd, 2016, 6:25 pm #1

chris
chris

January 23rd, 2016, 1:25 pm #2

nt

Fred
Fred

January 23rd, 2016, 2:02 pm #3

Enjoy the articles. Thanks for posting.

May 13th, 2017, 8:53 am #4

in the above article by George Tan.

May 13th, 2017, 5:10 pm #5

Although I can say that the lady (from the pic of Bruce Lee giving Han Ying-chieh a haircut) played one of the Big Boss' servants in the movie, although you probably figured that out by now.

May 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm #6

Aren't you checking how much Ng Kar Seung had filmed TBB? Look like not much. GH replaced him because he overspent? I doubt it. I heard he was a miser. The main problem was his issues with the TBB crew and Bruce Lee. Bruce threatened to leave Thailand and Raymond Chow quickly sent Lo Wei to replace Ng.
James Tien turned from an apple in Ng's eye to nothing in Lo's eye. Bruce became the limelight when Lo took over.
Maybe Lo changed the script to let James Tien sacrificed mid way through the movie so that Bruce could take over the lead role. Tien must be cursing at Bruce and Lo then. lol

May 18th, 2017, 3:57 pm #7

Nice rare info regarding Game! Didn't realize Bruce was supposed to use the whip throughout the fight.

May 18th, 2017, 5:09 pm #8

Aren't you checking how much Ng Kar Seung had filmed TBB? Look like not much. GH replaced him because he overspent? I doubt it. I heard he was a miser. The main problem was his issues with the TBB crew and Bruce Lee. Bruce threatened to leave Thailand and Raymond Chow quickly sent Lo Wei to replace Ng.
James Tien turned from an apple in Ng's eye to nothing in Lo's eye. Bruce became the limelight when Lo took over.
Maybe Lo changed the script to let James Tien sacrificed mid way through the movie so that Bruce could take over the lead role. Tien must be cursing at Bruce and Lo then. lol
The deep and intensive research is up to LJF. There's only so much that I can do.

I don't think James Tien would hold a grudge against Lee for being demoted. Tien was already a movie star by HK standards, and he would make loads of other movies long after TBB. Regardless, the scenario you provided (Hsu Chien surviving and he and Cheng evenly share the movie bill together) is an interesting one.

May 21st, 2017, 1:44 am #9

Nice rare info regarding Game! Didn't realize Bruce was supposed to use the whip throughout the fight.
Great behind scenes info on Lee's movies.