4:52 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #11

Betty was never really considered to play his sister. It was just a cover story to hide the fact that herself and Bruce were having an affair.

As what was mentioned by our fellow member dragonb when he posted on Shaolin Chamber, GOD was not properly completed because Raymond Chow saw an opportunity to make a movie that served as a warning to anyone who dared to challenge the establishment like Lee did...

http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfuf ... ent-200732

Given that the pagoda footage (including the bridge journey) would take up an hour of film, it's possible that the only thing that needed to be filmed were the non-action scenes which explained specifically what the treasure was, when this particular group of allies were put together, why Hai Tien didn't reach the final floor, where his family would end up after the mission was completed and how come his two remaining allies look at the Hapkido guardian as if they know him.

If you remember, Clouse was told to use as little footage of Lee as possible. Also, remember that Ng-See Yuen only made GOD II (a.k.a. Tower of Death) because he was told that Lee had shot more scenes than what was seen in the Clouse movie. As Linda Lee said in her first book about him: "As the movie now stands, only the fight sequences have been shot."

11:12 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #12

If Bruce was acting out fight scenes in front of Raymond and Betty over at Betty's apartment (sometime before he died that same day) then obviously, there was more fight footage to be shot.

Some of which, I imagine, would have to include fighting during the rescue of the female lead, etc.

If not, what then might Bruce have been demonstrating fight scenes of (if that is true).

Bruce was known to pester people incessantly with live, on the spot fight scene idea demos, and endless phone calls about same, no matter what time of night it was.

And one cannot go by what little there was if a G.O.D. Script, for people like Jabbar and Inosanto have also noted that Bruce had been making up the fight scenes as he went along.

Lol, the above about Bruce reminds me of a guy I once had an encounter with.

A friend of mine (his ex) was ever bragging about what a good cook her ex was (they'd remained booty calls).

Anyway, I finally relent. Sure enough" the guy turns out to be a fantastic cook.

Problem is, the guy is an INCESSANT talker.

ALL ABOUT HIM, of course, lol.

Worse, EVERY time I turn my eyes away from him to eat my food, he begins to repeatedly poke me on my arm, as he blabs away.

I finally had to threaten the guy with bodily harm, lol.

People like that can often go far in their pursuit of a career largely fueled by nothing more than some deepseated need to ever be attempting to prove to the world that they, alone, are some sort of God's gift to the world.

And people like that are just as consistently famous for their own, eventual...crash and burn.

11:32 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #13

[quote="FormlessOne"]
If Bruce was acting out fight scenes in front of Raymond and Betty over at Betty's apartment (sometime before he died that same day) then obviously, there was more fight footage to be shot.

If not, what then might Bruce have been demonstrating fight scenes of (if that is true).

And one cannot go by what little there was if a G.O.D. Script, for people like Jabbar and Inosanto have also noted that Bruce had been making up the fight scenes as he went along.
[/quote]

But even that story of him acting out those scenes just feels like it's a cover-up of the affair. Remember how suspicious it was that Chieh Yuan died at the exact same age as Bruce (32 years and 8 months). I think that Chieh was killed off so that Raymond could be justified in not completing the film in the way that it should have been.

Given how Bruce was okay with making up things as he went along (the "flying paper" term which the H.K. press uses to describe the method of H.K. directors like Wong Kar-Wai), it could be argued that Bruce decided to scrap the first floor (the Taekwondo guy) because the pagoda that they were going to use for the exterior shots only had five floors - which would only allow for four guardians and the treasure that they're guarding.