Tom Bleecker's Theory

Tom Bleecker's Theory

Mike Bruce Sullivan
Mike Bruce Sullivan

February 13th, 2009, 7:18 pm #1

Tom Bleecker who was once married to Linda Lee theorized that Bruce Lee died from anabolic steroid abuse.

If I had to have a backup or next best theory to Bruce's untimely death, I would choose anabolic steroids, also. But my first theory is allergic reaction to a strong form of hashish which Bruce ingested. Ingesting it made it worse since all of the chemicals went into his system and did not dissipate due to second hand smoke.

There is another reason why Bruce probably did not take a lot of steroids near the end of his life:

According to an interview with Dan Inosanto, I forgot from where I saw it, Dan said that towards the end, Bruce wasn't practicing martial arts at all. He was not bodybuilding as much since all he had to do was do martial arts choreography for his movies which is much less physically demanding. So, Bruce had no need to bulk up by using anabolic steroids.

In the legal field, judges say that they often hear both sides (the plaintiff and the defendant) and that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

For that reason, since Tom Bleecker lived with Linda Lee he had to be privy to the revelation that Bruce indeed took anabolic steroids. I make an educated guess that Linda seemed like she might have been very protective of Bruce's reputation while married to Tom, so she would not go into detail or tell him everything. But, I believe he did not take a lot or for a prolonged period of time, not enough to cause a cerebral edema. So, there is a kernel of truth that Bruce probably took anabolic steroids. But I think in the late 1960's and early 70's, they were legal and there wasn't a stigma attached to using them. If he secretly took steroids, he probably would have taken the pill form (again an educated guess) since he would need someone to inject the steroids into him and he might have not liked needles like a lot of people don't. The pill form of steroids is much damaging to the liver.
Also, the kernel of truth to Tom's theory is why would a pleasant-looking, smiling Bruce Lee have reportedly anger outbursts on the movie set, or why would Bruce complain that he had problems with controlling his anger? Steroid use would have explained this "roid rage".

Bruce I read somewhere was jealous of Joe Lewis and how his thighs were more muscular and that's one of the reasons why he allegedly used steroids. Except for the opening Monk fight in ETD, we hardly see Bruce's leg musculature, yet reportedly he could kick people across a large room and the receipients of such fury felt as if it by a car.

I think if Bruce wanted to increase his bodyweight and increase his thighs and calves muscle mass, he should have drank much, much more milk and taken weight-gain protein shakes or other high caloric foods like nuts, peanut butter, etc. But, he reportedly did not eat well enough and that is a shame.

MBS

iain swindell
iain swindell

June 1st, 2015, 12:45 pm #2

Hi names iain I live in the uk in to maai martial arts appreciation & introductory I like your book gave me info to bruce lees ghost as in my understanding has chapters of life and cycle of kali

Hardy Magna
Hardy Magna

October 25th, 2015, 8:16 am #3

Tom Bleecker who was once married to Linda Lee theorized that Bruce Lee died from anabolic steroid abuse.

If I had to have a backup or next best theory to Bruce's untimely death, I would choose anabolic steroids, also. But my first theory is allergic reaction to a strong form of hashish which Bruce ingested. Ingesting it made it worse since all of the chemicals went into his system and did not dissipate due to second hand smoke.

There is another reason why Bruce probably did not take a lot of steroids near the end of his life:

According to an interview with Dan Inosanto, I forgot from where I saw it, Dan said that towards the end, Bruce wasn't practicing martial arts at all. He was not bodybuilding as much since all he had to do was do martial arts choreography for his movies which is much less physically demanding. So, Bruce had no need to bulk up by using anabolic steroids.

In the legal field, judges say that they often hear both sides (the plaintiff and the defendant) and that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

For that reason, since Tom Bleecker lived with Linda Lee he had to be privy to the revelation that Bruce indeed took anabolic steroids. I make an educated guess that Linda seemed like she might have been very protective of Bruce's reputation while married to Tom, so she would not go into detail or tell him everything. But, I believe he did not take a lot or for a prolonged period of time, not enough to cause a cerebral edema. So, there is a kernel of truth that Bruce probably took anabolic steroids. But I think in the late 1960's and early 70's, they were legal and there wasn't a stigma attached to using them. If he secretly took steroids, he probably would have taken the pill form (again an educated guess) since he would need someone to inject the steroids into him and he might have not liked needles like a lot of people don't. The pill form of steroids is much damaging to the liver.
Also, the kernel of truth to Tom's theory is why would a pleasant-looking, smiling Bruce Lee have reportedly anger outbursts on the movie set, or why would Bruce complain that he had problems with controlling his anger? Steroid use would have explained this "roid rage".

Bruce I read somewhere was jealous of Joe Lewis and how his thighs were more muscular and that's one of the reasons why he allegedly used steroids. Except for the opening Monk fight in ETD, we hardly see Bruce's leg musculature, yet reportedly he could kick people across a large room and the receipients of such fury felt as if it by a car.

I think if Bruce wanted to increase his bodyweight and increase his thighs and calves muscle mass, he should have drank much, much more milk and taken weight-gain protein shakes or other high caloric foods like nuts, peanut butter, etc. But, he reportedly did not eat well enough and that is a shame.

MBS
On another site someone mentions that Tom Bleecker has inserted fake blurbs from The New Yorker and Scientific American for his book Unsettled Matters; it was self published, "since no reputable publisher would touch it." We won't know the answer to that one, that's just an opinion. On the plus side, it's healthy not to have Saint Bruce ... doubt if he would like that, we should know the entire person. There were 'two Lees' the public Lee, which is the "Lee Brand" which is like creating Superman or Captain America, but based on a real person, which is something; and the second, the human being. Both Lees blurred into the 'other.' As for steroids, as far as I can determine, he didn't want big muscles. He wanted strong ligaments and not bulk. He wanted muscle speed/quickness... in one quote, "From the eye to the hand, now much time is wasted?" (paraphrase). I.e., he wanted instant actions, like the next generation fighter pilots, who can fire with just a thought. On Bleecker, I take his writings with grains of salt. But does he have an axe to grind, does he have a hidden agenda, with either Bruce or Linda? On his death, his two MDs Don Langford and Peter Wu have interesting things to say, just look them up. I'll just mention that 1/ on both his first collapse and death, he had 'likely' been taking hash brownies. Were they either laced with poison, or 'super lethal'? Has anyone analyzed them? Or did they just vanish? 2/ on the first collapse the MDs treated Bruce as a possible poisoning case 3/ after the collapse in May, Bruce went to California for a full battery of medical tests; he was pronounced sound. Did he not take the hash brownies? I recall that Langford warned him not to take the hash brownies any longer after that first collapse 4/ when he returned to Hong Kong the same 'conditions' awaited him as on his first collapse ... this 'condition' was not present in California. 5/ when Lee died, someone in the HK police (detective) said they were initially treating it as a murder investigation, but this was quickly hushed. Bruce also had some higher up friends in the PD; I would venture that some of those friends looked into things; maybe one day they will talk. One mystery person is Raymond Chow. It was reported that he was 'cooking the books,' or just not being transparent with Bruce. If this story is true, that is relevant. Finally, the murder of Brandon Lee adds to the mystery. Several firearms experts have stated the 'coincidences' on his day of death were just too many. Finally, plus(!) both father and son's deaths were 'foretold' in Lee's second movie, where Lee's teacher was poisoned, and then Lee's character was gunned down at the film's end.

ieatpussy
ieatpussy

March 31st, 2018, 6:56 am #4

Hi names iain I live in the uk in to maai martial arts appreciation & introductory I like your book gave me info to bruce lees ghost as in my understanding has chapters of life and cycle of kali
bruce sucked my pusy when i was a chink chank ho i. caki back in 65. fuk all ya mothetgukkas suck my **** dick whipersnapi g up my pusvwith dookey **** fuk face