blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

1:45 PM - Nov 13, 2016 #11

I'll send a message to the chapel to ask them to check.

As always it was great to welcome BigAl and his family down from Scotland, and even better that I was able to reward such an epic journey with the mastodon. Their kids gave it a good workout during the setup, and it was an absolute blast to face off against him and dodge the shots neo style.

Dustybin finally managed to make it back to GuN on his birthday, and for all he complains about a lack of friends on Discord, he and his mates seemed to form a good team. No new integration to show off though... :)

Scuzzer and MrCrane made the trip across to the right side of the pennines again, with lots of cool new gear. The hpa powered magstrike was lots of fun, and quick, it felt like it had finished firing before you'd even finished pulling the trigger. Downsides were the weight, the lack of oomph, and the presumed cost of getting so many magstrike clips!
As for the Desolator... I'd convinced myself months ago that I didn't need one... yeah, that went out of the window when I held this... It light, its comfortable, and its very very very pretty. And thats before the work that Blastersmiths did on it!

Franksie made his second GuN appearance and fit right in with the marshaling team, helping setup and clear up games. His rapidpistol is a lot quieter than mine, and just as powerful. A big thanks to you mate for the care package!

TBR and Dazzle brought their usual fare of awesome gear, with the added addition of the speedswarm sentry turret. I got caught by it a couple of times. Can't wait to see what they cook up over winter.

We had less church members, and a fair few new faces, but a good core of returning players from the local community.

Sorry to hear about the retaliator OMN, it certainly has served you well over the year, and I can say it has certainly outclassed me on many an occasion.

I must say, I found the rivals blasters interesting, what the atlas lacks in distance, it certainly makes up for in presence, and the apollo definitely has the performance. 12 rounds when you fire 2 at once means the atlas doesn't go very far, and the clip release really is a faff. however, the ability to have a clip in the other hand and literally pop it over the rivals balls is cool.
WolfPack Leeds - New Nerf combat in Leeds - https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackleeds

Mr.Crane

1:50 PM - Nov 13, 2016 #12

Thanks guys, I had a great day!

We were lucky the weather held out thats for sure...

Good sportsmanship all round and other than some of those kids talking over BGUK I've got no gripes!

I will have to get some new safety glasses next time as mine gave me a pretty severe headache for reasons unknown

The quality of everyones blasters seems to improve every event and its getting pretty impressive!

My magstrike performed flawlessly which im very happy about, though I think I may have to design something to help get the clips in faster... I got caught short a few times as its a bit too fiddly!

Apologies to the people I shot in the face, the darts come out pointing slightly upwards so when I think I'm aiming for the chest it turns out to be the face...
Even worse was when I started aiming down, the next person to come through the door was was quite small so got a face full too! oops
Foamy bawls

The Dark Kitten
Game Organiser

2:23 PM - Nov 13, 2016 #13

Shame i missed out sounds like a solid event!
I like the sound of the blaster exotica and sheer impressiveness, i do believe we aught to be showing off our blasters more so to encourage others to follow our path.
Some of the games look great and im happy all round it came out well!
Meow.....
ZHoM founder. Cat Overlord

Boff
The Dealer

2:44 PM - Nov 13, 2016 #14

blindgeekuk:34614 wrote:It light, its comfortable, and its very very very pretty. And thats before the work that Blastersmiths did on it!
I wondered when that would surface. :D It's the only one we're ever doing since they're a complete pain in the arse to work on internally. It's all very narrow wiring channels and twists and turns. Even with a MOSFET, it's a challenge to get the motor wires to the forward end. That said, it is the only thing I could ever see replacing my Stryfe and Raider stock combo.
Boff: Tactical Gear Maker, Foam Theorist & Forum Moderator
| Store: www.bofftac.co.uk | YouTube: https://bit.ly/2IDBH59 |

LordSparrow

7:21 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #15

Thanks for another great GuN! Finally, I attended a full one!

I seem to be missing an 18 Dart RS Clear Mag though.
Minky:33940 wrote: The man who asks the stupid question is stupid for 10 minutes, the man who doesn't is stupid forever.. Words I live by

tbr
Veteran Member

9:20 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #16

GuN 11 for myself was a bit of a mixed one, through no fault of BGUK and team... basically I had a headache for most of the afternoon (which got increasingly worse and which extended into the evening) which really put a dampener on it for me, but I tried to soldier on :). So if I came across grumpy to anyone, that's why.

There was some lovely blasters on show, my favorite being from a guy who's name I can't remember (but that's nothing different for me) who had a gorgeous Nerf orange blaster with an extended barrel pipe on the front, he had his red headband on his glasses arms near the end. That I thought looked like he had put together a really clean smart looking blaster. I didn't get the chance to take a good look/chat mainly due to the aformentioned grumpyness.

Due to our always being a bit late we missed out on the warm up style games which I have to admit are my favorite, I love a bit of meatgrinder etc

I got to play my favorite gametype 'Terminator', always fun as it's an excuse to wander round and shoot people and not generally have to worry about getting hit, although there was a lot more Mega's around so attention had to be paid. Also I had a full face mask that I brought with me in preparation and I'm glad I did as someone's Dad hit me point blank with a Megadart that would have really stung.

I also got to try out my static Sentry Gun.... it works! I can't really see a time when I'm going to use it but the point was 'can I make one' not 'let's make something useful'. Also it wouldn't be tooooo difficult to swap out the swarm fire for a rapidstrike :D

I'm still bringing too many blasters and feeling like I have to use them all, I think I'm in love with the idea of duel wielding, but it's not actually that good an idea in practice.

For the Over 13 games I gave a couple of the Church guys my Under 13's IMR powered stryfe's which they seemed to like so that was good. They were asking questions about them at the end, I think they are thinking of purchasing some, but due to my grumpyness as near the end my head was really pounding I wasn't very talkative, if someone here is able to comunicate with these guys, they might need some purchasing advice and I don't think they are on here.
Boff:34618 wrote:
blindgeekuk:34614 wrote:they're a complete pain in the arse to work on internally. It's all very narrow wiring channels and twists and turns. Even with a MOSFET, it's a challenge to get the motor wires to the forward end.
Thats great to hear.....as now I don't want one :) Although it was very nice!

FDT
Game Organiser
FDT
Game Organiser

10:18 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #17

Congrats on another cracking GuN guys - I will make it down with an official FDT posse at some point!

bigal123
Game Organiser

10:21 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #18

Couple of pics that my other half snapped.

Me having too much fun with the Mastadon :D

Tbr and Dazzle geared up for Terminator :D

Group Shot 13+ games.

Mel also got some decent video including the entire Bounty Hunter game and some good stuff from Team Death Match, I may try and edit some together, never done that before though.

blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

10:37 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #19

The orange pipe bit was on a painted vector kit, very nice looking, no idea who he was, but I think he's on here (possibly StrudyNinja?)

Given the two church elders come in month in, month out, I was going to chat with Justajolt and Old_man_Nerf and see about getting them their own blasters as a thank you
Last edited by blindgeekuk on 12:40 PM - Nov 14, 2016, edited 1 time in total.
WolfPack Leeds - New Nerf combat in Leeds - https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackleeds

tbr
Veteran Member

11:17 AM - Nov 14, 2016 #20

blindgeekuk:34636 wrote:Given the two church elders come in month in, month out, I was going to chat with Justajolt and Old_man_Nerf and see about getting them their own blasters as a thank you
I have no quarms contributing a few quid towards this. I'm sure it's already been thought about but I assume you wouldn't be giving them a LiPo'd up blaster. (safety first!) When they spoke to me they were asking about batteries and I mentioned that the one's they were using had two IMR's.