Bristol Blast 23 AAR

NewportNerfer113
Game Organiser

August 18th, 2018, 6:00 pm #1

Well... that was all kinds of fun. Thanks to all that helped me out as I was on my own today. Thanks to Bishop Harvey for inviting us back to Nerf at Wigton Crescent.

It was nice to see new and old faces today, and we managed to squeeze 7 games in.

The teams were fairly even I think, but orange team seemed to just have the edge over green team.

We started with 2 HvZ, followed by (what I think was our first game of) Carpe Testiculum... much fun was had briefing that one, and we learnt some things for the next time we play it, Orange team one this by 8 balls. Next was Domination, which Orange team won by 4 minutes.

Then we had a break. Where there were free hugs and cake.

Then we did a TDM with lives, but I think something went wrong here, because it was fairly evenly matched. But counting the balls revealed Green Team had lost 52 lives to Orange Teams 32... which doesn't seem right.

We ended on 2 HvZ... then cleared up and headed home.

There was a little accident where one of the boys took a knock, but he was ok. There was also a few kids not taking their hits, they will have learnt some important lessons today, and hopefully their hit taking will improve.

Favourite moment... hmmm... tough one, there are at least 4... first two were accidents... but rival ball to zombie crotch was funny, I made sure the lady was ok, it wasn't intentional, second was catching Zenif in the same area... bit of theme today. Then there was sneaking up and shooting Dan in the back after he'd tagged me out many times. Then, finally, Dan and James zombie double teaming me with a pool noodle.

Over to you...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NN113 'The Technician'

My YouToob Channel
BB FaceBook

a.k.a. Gainesy

August 18th, 2018, 6:44 pm #2

Awesome day, thanks Kerien for running another successful Bristol Blast. I had Leo with me again and he had a great time too. The little things I've shown him and told him seem to be sinking in, won't be long till he has many successes.

So first HvZ I apparently was the last human. Ran my trusty strongarm for all HvZ games today and worked pretty well threw all. That first game my 4 victory fell out of PomPom (my panda drop leg holster) as I hadn't tightened it properly. Running round to get back to pick it up then using it to fend off a small group of Zs, as couldn't prim the strongarm with both blasters in hand, was the only reason I made it to the end. The other HvZ games were fairly uneventful for me.... Well as HvZ games go anyways lol.

The Ball game was a good idea, but I think both teams collected all the balls pretty quick then just became a shooting contest. Maybe put the ball drop point separate from respawn or hide the balls batter, but a grate concept for a new BB game. Like that you guys are trying to keep it fresh and are innovating new game types.

Domination is one of my favourite game types. I think only having two entrenches to the building hampered the game a little, don't know if it was done on purpose or the wind kept blowing it shut so gave up opening it. Was a good game regardless, I spent most of the game on the grassy side trading shots with a group of three or four from the orange team, which was a good laugh. Every now and then they would hear Kerien's booming voice counting his spawn amenity and they would scatter was funny to watch.

Deathmatch again only having two entrances I feel took something away from the game but still a good staple of the itinerary. I tried using a stock regulator for this round... Its a bit rubbish. If the trigger pull gave an almost instant action it would be fine. But it took 2or3 seconds before any darts would be fired. So I resorted back to my 4vic I had as my side arm, they can be pretty dam accurate when they want to be.

Low of the day; my clear retalicon not working properly and not being able to use it. Brought it along for the first time in a while but forgot I need to do a bit of tinkering to get it to catch consistently. Was looking forward to give the old girl a run.
Best moment; in the deathmatch game when two or three of us went after James and his shield. The others got tagged out but he'd not noticed I'd gotten round just behind him. And as he advanced forward to the rest of my team got him in the side. Sorry bud x

Another great day as I said before can't wait for next month so we can all do it again ūüėä

Zenif
Zenif

August 18th, 2018, 11:15 pm #3

Had a great day today thanks again to @NewportNerfer113 for running the event!

Games were great and lots of fun was had. It was also My daughter's birthday and much cake was had! 

Was my first time as (intentional) team captain and it went well I think, it was also great to meet some new people! Was also good today to just talk and help people with blasters as well as catch up on projects and show off some of my recent builds. Hands down the twin firestrikes glued together a kid had with all the random smart AR barrels glued on was inspired!

Today was a day when allot of stuff came together personally with my gear and the autorayven was just a dream.. I was also a terrible camper..  

For Carpe I just grabbed the centre corridor and held down the greens for far too long solo (whilst my team gobbled up balls)! At this point we had won the game and there was not much else that could be done as the balls were on the spawn points. Putting them in an exposed area near the base would be great!

Highs:
-You guys!
-Great Games
-Cakes & Slushies
-Helping out with games, unjamming kids blasters and giving mod tips
-Chicken!

-I had lots of fun getting shot by @NewportNerfer113 and watching him fancy dance from my shots like some kinda hellboy disco king, having pistol duels was always fun too!
-In TDM I tagged out so many people unawares from cover or from the rear it was shocking! 
-By the end of flux I had like 8 darts left and was scavenging from the floor to try to hold the final timer from repeated great rushes from the oranges we barely held on!

Lows:
Final zombie games got a bit manic for some reason. There was a bit of strange rage on towards zombies and to 'win', I mean this is supposed to be fun.. newer guys are taking HVZ way too seriously? Why?  
-My son David got rivaled in the face point blank  and we sat out a game, just an accident but still avoidable, he is fine now (he still refuses to wear the mask I bought him and his sister). 
-Caught a few people as a zombie who said I had been shot when I saw them miss or I was still counting, some even completely ignoring tags when they didn't see me, happy to gave the benefit of the doubt but the attitude I got was pretty poor. 
-Went to tag one little kid on the shoulder and I accidentally poked my thumb in his neck, poor kid was in tears poor guy (apparently not the first tears that day either) Il'l stick my new terrifying giant long red noodle in future! 

Can't wait to see how that drone footage comes out however, I think @Treezy  also filmed some great moments! 
Zenif

NewportNerfer113
Game Organiser

August 19th, 2018, 6:19 am #4

Cheers for the feedback guys. Will definitely be tweaking Carpe for next time. We didn't have our full compliment of balls so that didn't help. But seperating bases and respawns will make it work better next time I think.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NN113 'The Technician'

My YouToob Channel
BB FaceBook