Movie prop MH ammo box.

This forum is for vendors, importers, announcements of auctions, or other commercial advertizing. Look here for reloading supplies, auctions of interest, and
custom parts or gunsmithing.

Moderators: Carignan Salieres, The Double D

Movie prop MH ammo box.

The Double D
Veteran of the Regiment
The Double D
Veteran of the Regiment

November 18th, 2016, 4:06 pm #1

This movie prop ammo box is available on UK EBay. Available now to US buyers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Film-quality- ... SwgY9XdNXh

I contacted the seller and got this response.

Hi, I have just had the shipping charges sent through.
An ammunition box plus postage and packing come to £ 97.00. in total
This is by parcel flight who offer a 3 - 5 day delivery service.
We have absorbed the higher dollar rate at the present time
Please order via Ebay and use Pay Pal in British currency.
Many thanks.
Geoff.
Last edited by The Double D on November 24th, 2016, 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas

"And don't forget.  That isn't your Martini you have.  It  belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone.  Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it."  Malcolm Cobb,  The Martini Henry Note-book
To find things Martini go to: WWW.MartiniHenry.com

Duncaninfrance.britishmilitariaforums
Veteran of the Regiment

November 24th, 2016, 8:54 am #2

Not enough ammunition to fill it or I might have been interested 
Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.

byf42
Lance Sergeant
byf42
Lance Sergeant

May 3rd, 2018, 7:57 pm #3

Any chance that this will be offered again anytime soon? I'd like to order one.
This is a great forum with even greater folks

heelerau
Veteran of the Regiment
heelerau
Veteran of the Regiment

May 4th, 2018, 12:28 am #4

We had an original ammo box in the store on the sheep station my late father managed, I should have grabbed it. It was tin lined and in good order, no ammo left though. It is likely as not still there. 

Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment
Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment

May 4th, 2018, 10:11 am #5

byf, Sadly, these were available only in very limited numbers. There were said to be some importation glitches along the way, particularly at the British Post end where at least one supervisor became wroth when he learned that they were perfectly legal to ship. To make matters worse, some greedy fellow in the US ordered all of the last remaining boxes (:
Cordially, Johnny

IMG_4336.jpg IMG_4333.jpg
"The Ideal situation, is that a man acquire a British flintlock musket or pistol every day. Any more and he will be perceived as greedy. Any less and his dedication will be suspect."
Johnny Yuma

hopmanhenk
Sergeant Major
hopmanhenk
Sergeant Major

May 4th, 2018, 1:57 pm #6

Oh Johnny, I knew you were naming your muskets from the 7 virtues.. but I never knew you were also working on the 7 deadly sins..

I guess these boxes are called gluttony, greed ,lust and envy

Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment
Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment

May 4th, 2018, 5:28 pm #7

Mea Culpa, Henk.
"The Ideal situation, is that a man acquire a British flintlock musket or pistol every day. Any more and he will be perceived as greedy. Any less and his dedication will be suspect."
Johnny Yuma

dennis g
Colour Sergeant
dennis g
Colour Sergeant

May 4th, 2018, 10:19 pm #8

If " he who dies with the most toys, wins" is true, I'm sure Johnny is right up there at the top. Envy is a terrible thing, isn't it?
 " May I be frank.....I'll be honest if you'd rather"?     B. Hill

heelerau
Veteran of the Regiment
heelerau
Veteran of the Regiment

May 4th, 2018, 10:29 pm #9

I will be buried with all my toys in a great barrow in the horse paddock ! I get to take them with me Ha Ha

byf42
Lance Sergeant
byf42
Lance Sergeant

May 6th, 2018, 12:29 pm #10

Johnny Yuma wrote: byf, Sadly, these were available only in very limited numbers. There were said to be some importation glitches along the way, particularly at the British Post end where at least one supervisor became wroth when he learned that they were perfectly legal to ship. To make matters worse, some greedy fellow in the US ordered all of the last remaining boxes (:
Cordially, Johnny

IMG_4336.jpgIMG_4333.jpg
Cornering the market on muskets, cornering the market on reproduction ammo boxes.... pray tell, how do you intend to carry those ammo boxes while wielding a musket in both hands?
lewis_rifles.jpg
This is a great forum with even greater folks

Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment
Johnny Yuma
Veteran of the Regiment

May 6th, 2018, 11:12 pm #11

An excellent question. If you pan just a bit to the left of the above picture you would see my faithful man-servant 'Gunga-Bob' scampering after me carrying two of the reproduction ammo boxes as well as a picnic basket filled with cold chicken and lightly sweetened Ice tea. 
Best, Johnny
Johnny Yuma