Moderators: The Double D, Viclav, Johnny Yuma, GrantR Canada, Carignan Salieres

For sale: Martini Henry pattern 1887 mark III bayonet

louis.p
Lance Corporal
louis.p
Lance Corporal

10:52 AM - Oct 10, 2018 #1

For sale: Martini Henry pattern 1887 mark III bayonet

It came with the Martini Henry Mark IV I bought recently but I don't collect antique swords any more so I'd like to see someone else enjoy it.
Except for some spots of pitting on the blade I would call the condition decent for it's age, especially considering it probably spend a good amount of time in less than ideal conditions.

I had difficulty finding out what these go for as I have very rarely seen them here in Europe but looking at prices from various sources I'd say 150 Euro would be a fair price (currently about 173 USD).
Buyer pays shipping, I'm located in The Netherlands (Europe) so please be aware that shipping and potential import fees might add up depending on your location. I might split shipping if it's a lot. I accept paypal (friends&family or add 4% for the fees) or standard bank transfer. Shipping will be with our national postal service (PostNL) and it will be well packaged.
I'm also interested in a trade for Martini Henry brass!

Please see the pictures for markings and overall condition. More pictures available on request of course.

IMG_3848.JPG IMG_3849.JPG IMG_3857.JPG

yulzari
Veteran of the Regiment
yulzari
Veteran of the Regiment

1:35 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #2

Louis. How much brass do you want? I have dozens of spare CBC converted cases to spare and I am in France.

John
My religion consists in a firelock, open touch hole, good flint, well rammed charge, and seventy rounds of powder and ball. - Private Jack Careless.

louis.p
Lance Corporal
louis.p
Lance Corporal

3:21 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #3

Currently I have no brass at all so any and all are most welcome. I just got the rifle so I'm still gathering reloading materials.

Best regards, Louis

yulzari
Veteran of the Regiment
yulzari
Veteran of the Regiment

4:59 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #4

PM sent.
My religion consists in a firelock, open touch hole, good flint, well rammed charge, and seventy rounds of powder and ball. - Private Jack Careless.