What's so wrong with Alkali players not goin to Omineca?

What's so wrong with Alkali players not goin to Omineca?

November 30th, 2009, 10:28 pm #1

Serious why are some people belly achin about this? Those Alkali boys wanted to play for their hometown team for THEIR tournement as they were the HOST team. Senior AA isnt PRO hockey lol they want to play in a Native tourney I DONT BLAME them for one second.

Look at the other players on the WL roster who dont make it every game, how come you dont harp down their throat? i.e Matt Lees, Trent Manchur, Joe Mcleod, Mike Piderman...so why does this change for the native boys on the team?

By the way, playin in a native tournement with freinds and family for money is helluva lot more funner if u ask me

and again, dont see why they NEEDED to be up there this weekend, WL just gonna win the league again regardless if they play in Omineca lol

November 30th, 2009, 11:11 pm #2

this post pretty much says it all.

it's called committment to the team. something you obviously have no concept of.

Piderman plays in the KIJHL, and not for the stamps anymore. Lees and Manchur have jobs....do you???? didn't think so!!

November 30th, 2009, 11:23 pm #3

OH man Oswald, let it go! Alkali hosts the tourney every year.. And for 3 years in a row they have skipped it committing to the road trips out of town to play for the stamps! It is a big deal to them money or no money.... So for the 4th year in a row they decided not to skip it. This tournament is scheduled every summer before the cihl schedule is made up, if we are so concerned about them making our out of town games that weekend then put in a request to the league that we not play on that weekend! I know the organizers of the Alkali tourney have asked for our schedule so they could work around it, but they have a due date to schedule their tournament in the fall and our schedule is not made up for them to know when to have it.. These guys for the most part are committed to all home and away games every year. They wanted that weekend to play in something that is important to them. Its done its over with and now we have 6 more games before playoffs. Lets worry about those games now instead of the past. I hope this is the last we hear about this! There is no need to have a special thread to wine and complain about a small disagreement!!!! See u boys next weekend.

December 1st, 2009, 5:19 pm #4

this post pretty much says it all.

it's called committment to the team. something you obviously have no concept of.

Piderman plays in the KIJHL, and not for the stamps anymore. Lees and Manchur have jobs....do you???? didn't think so!!
Lets get over it already, we all have jobs...we all have committments and families....on ... on ... and on...
don't lose sleep over it ok. Thanks

December 1st, 2009, 7:53 pm #5

Oswald is from Burns and scared to Lose to the Stamps this weekend LOL thats why he wants the "First Nations" players to get kicked off!! ahah

December 1st, 2009, 11:52 pm #6

I know these players personally and it was not an easy decision. ALot of people as well as players worked hard fundraising to hold this Tournament. I know these players are committed to the stamps, i see how much they sacrifice almost everyweekend travelling, missing out on other functions/tournaments to play with the stamps. We'll get these wins back.

December 2nd, 2009, 2:06 am #7

I suspect that the Omineca Ice record made the Stamps think it was a risk they couldafford to take. The sting is in the tail...but as Rusty says, forget it, that was last week.