Weekend Predictions (let the guessing begin)

Weekend Predictions (let the guessing begin)

November 3rd, 2011, 7:24 pm #1

Friday night....
Hazelton 3
Smithers 6
Smithers.... Hazelton will get a little feisty but Smithers will put them back in their place

Saturday

Williams Lake 10
Lac LA Hache 4
WL.. continues their domination of the teams in the bottom 4...

Terrace 2
Kitimat 4
Biggest rivalry in the CIHL, but Kitimat will come out on top despite the great play by Terrace recently. Its close but only because Kitimats focus is the team they face sunday. Some frustration will start showing on the Terrace team.

Omenica 3
Houston 2
Omenica will surprise Houston and win in a shoot out....

Quesnel 6
Prince Rupert 2
Quesnel will take it to the rebuilding Rampage

SUNDAY

Quesnel 4
Kitimat 3

The game of the weeek.... Quesnel wins, again out to prove they are a contender for the title...

November 4th, 2011, 2:49 am #2

Friday

Hazelton 0
Smithers 9
These guys aren't beating Wall. Smithers is too strong at home.

Saturday

Williams Lake 5
Lac LA Hache 4
Tomahawks are gonna be tougher on home ice with a couple new additions.

Terrace 3
Kitimat 2
Kings have been close twice, this is the game for them to finally beat the Demons

Omenica 3
Houston 6
Luckies are tough at home and the Ice don't travel well.

Quesnel 4
Prince Rupert 3
Long day on the bus for Quesnel, but they are the better team

Sunday

Quesnel 2
Kitimat 5
Tamatik is a tough barn to win in and Quesnel is not a suited for big ice and wide open hockey.

Go Stamps Go!

November 4th, 2011, 3:03 pm #3

rusty what are you talking about quesnel ain't suited for big ice? i m pretty sure there top 2 lines are all great and fast skaters.......They beat williams lake on there home ice which is a big ice surface compared to other teams in this league..sober up!!!! say something that we understand!!!

November 4th, 2011, 11:37 pm #4

Don't get offended because I don't stroke your team the way you like. The Roos are built for their home ice. A group of lunch pale, hard hat type hockey players that work their butt off and play physical and they do it very well. They don't possess the same team speed and skill of the Stampeders, Steelheads or Ice Demons. Just the facts. Doesn't mean they are better or worse, just different. However, I don't think the ideal fit for them is Tamatik, guess we'll see.
Go Stamps Go!

November 5th, 2011, 1:11 am #5

A team that beat WL in WL isn't as skilled as WL. Sure, why not. If the Leafs can be a dominant force, logic must already be dead...

November 5th, 2011, 4:52 am #6

Tamitik is bigger than William;s Lake. If The roo's don't bring their "A" squad I agree with Rusty, they will have a difficult time of it. My prediction is based on Quesnel bringign their whole team. But it would be far from the first time the Demons skated a team to exhaustion.

and now the trivia that the old timers will remember; The Roo's played in Tamitik in the 80's, it was like 81/or 82 not sure exactly. (Days of the Terrace Timbermen, and the Kitimat Winterhawks) The Roo's played Prince Rupert wheatkings, in a playdown game to get into the Coy cup. Which the Roo's won. Gasoff brothers played in that game, unfortunately I don't remember who else was on that team.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and drive safe

November 5th, 2011, 6:19 am #7

Was Rupert not the Halibut Kings?Len Dies was another player for Quesnel.Gordie Stevens and an Etzertza were gooning it up for Rupert.

November 5th, 2011, 9:03 am #8

I remember Darren Campbell, Gerald Gagnon, Tom and Jim Marsh, Kerry Cunningham, Glen Watson and Big Bill Roach.

November 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm #9

between the Ice Demons and the new 'Roos.

Nice to see a new team get off to such a strong start.

The way I understand the descriptions, the Quesnel team is a nice mix of wily vets and some aggressive young speedsters who like to hit.

Both teams will be coming off challenges and on the road, long distance, it's difficult to maintain the depth.

The standings are interesting, but the head-to-head games have to be evaluated when you look at this.

And, although it doesn't seem to be hurting them so far in the standings, that 200 more minutes in the box for Quesnel could be an indicator of a weak spot. One guy, 56 minutes, lets you know who to look for, two 30 and above and a couple with more than 20 so far...

I'd likely put that down to getting the game style for the CIHL and junior squared away.

Goals against also may tell a story -- 25 against Quesnel in seven games -- only 15 so far against Demons in six (and six of these in one not-so-good outing.)

So clearly goal tending and D may be different.

Hope the Sunday crowd appreciates the opportunity. But first, need to handle up-and-down Terrace team that seems to be significantly improved, but still not as disciplined as they need to be...but they have played the 'Roos, who may be setting some records for box time.

November 6th, 2011, 4:26 pm #10

Friday night....
Hazelton 3
Smithers 6
Smithers.... Hazelton will get a little feisty but Smithers will put them back in their place

Saturday

Williams Lake 10
Lac LA Hache 4
WL.. continues their domination of the teams in the bottom 4...

Terrace 2
Kitimat 4
Biggest rivalry in the CIHL, but Kitimat will come out on top despite the great play by Terrace recently. Its close but only because Kitimats focus is the team they face sunday. Some frustration will start showing on the Terrace team.

Omenica 3
Houston 2
Omenica will surprise Houston and win in a shoot out....

Quesnel 6
Prince Rupert 2
Quesnel will take it to the rebuilding Rampage

SUNDAY

Quesnel 4
Kitimat 3

The game of the weeek.... Quesnel wins, again out to prove they are a contender for the title...

Yeah 10-4 was a good guess, did you mean to put for the tomahawks?