Steelheads @ Wolverines

Steelheads @ Wolverines

October 10th, 2010, 3:50 am #1

3-0 Steelheads after the first.

Hazelton goaltender, Cody Smith standing on his head, trying to keep the wolverines in the game. Shots on goal 20-1 Steelheads.

October 10th, 2010, 4:05 am #2

wow 20-1.... whats going on with the wolverines? these guys were supposed to be improved with the new coaching staff and condition, etc. They don't look like they belong in the league. 9-1 home loss to Terrace and it looks like they are on their way to something similar again.
Go Stamps Go!

October 10th, 2010, 4:51 am #3

5-2 Steelheads after the second.

5-0 Riverkings after the second against kitimat.

Wolverines came out solid in the first 10 mins of the second, scoring twice, Steelheads answered back with two, questionable calls.
Shots on goal in the second 17-6 Steelheads, Goaltender Cody Smith keeping this game close.

October 10th, 2010, 5:43 am #4

wow Terrace... this is a stunner.
Go Stamps Go!

October 10th, 2010, 5:46 am #5

Wolverines came out solid in the first 10 mins of the second, scoring twice, Steelheads answered back with two, questionable calls.
Shots on goal in the second 17-6 Steelheads, Goaltender Cody Smith keeping this game close.
Papa always said, to be the best, you have to beat the best. Well, Terrace embarrassed Kitimat 7-0. Terrace outplayed, outshot, out hit, out punched, and out scored them. A few Kitimat players couldn't take the beating and tried their hands at fighting and that didn't fair out well. Good game guys. Keep that tape to tape passing and going to the net.

October 10th, 2010, 5:51 am #6

6-3 Steelheads final

Shots on goal 55-12 Steelheads.

One tilt, Colin Jack - Randle Groot. Decision Groot.

First Star, got to be Cody Smith Hazelton.

Final 7-0 Riverkings over Kitimat?

October 12th, 2010, 2:32 pm #7

Cody Smith played a great game, but despite 50 saves, you can't give first star to a tender that lets in 6 goals. Not saying they were all his fault, but still. The Peak broadcast crew gave Smith the 3rd star, with Jared Sketchley getting 1st star with 2 goals for the Steelheads, and 2nd star to line mate Ryan Green for a goal and an assist, as that 4th line for the Steelheads played the best for either team, hands down.

October 14th, 2010, 7:14 pm #8

as if you gave the decision to groot steely... I mean I'm a steelheads fan myself but colin jack clearly scored the take down... Wasn't a very good scrap with all the tie ups but if jack woulda got free grootski woulda been lights out.. I hate to say it but jacks gotta be like 6'7''?!?!

October 14th, 2010, 7:33 pm #9

The vantage point wasn't great from the Peak's broadcast booth, they were in the one corner that's kind of obstructed from our spot, but neither guy really did anything in the tie up, I thought Groot got the take down though. Again, could be mistaken based on the angle, but it looked like a sort of make shift judo sort of thing. As for who would have won the scrap had it been more active, Groot's got a good chin, I think it could have gone either way. That said, I didn't like that Jack actively pursued that fight that late in the game, as it was an automatic one game for both players. I understand you're frustrated at the scoreboard, but if Jack hadn't spent so much time in the box in the third, it might have been a different story.

October 15th, 2010, 12:21 am #10

Automatic one game? was there a rule change here, because players have never received a game suspension no matter how much time remained after a fight.
Go Stamps Go!