Stamps vs Braves

Stamps vs Braves

January 10th, 2010, 6:57 am #1

Stamps win 9 to 2 braves win 1 fight stamps win 1 fight,not a good game both teams had 20 players shots on net 41 to 25 but burns lake shot half of there shot fefore they left home.
maybe a better game tomorrow.

January 10th, 2010, 7:59 am #2

so did gordon play because i was watching omineca game and heared he was not released from vanderhoof

January 11th, 2010, 5:23 am #3

but the story i heard is that there is no way in 'H E double hockey sticks' that Omenica Ice will sign Dave Gordin's release...I know if I was omenica ice I would be a little pissed as well...lets play the what if scenario...what if the Luckies ( or any other playoff bound team) wanted to load up a line up for the playoffs, and approached Boon (pick a name), or several others from Omenica about playing with them for the playoffs...play the last game in a luckies jersey of the regular season...What would stop shenanigans like this from happening? and if you think about it there are some really ridiculous scenarios that could play out if stuff like this continues...should the league consider some new rules? maybe a transfer deadline, or a 1 team per season rule...its happened a couple of times this season probably should be addressed...

January 11th, 2010, 7:13 am #4

Gordin's release was signed and he is now a member of the Braves. As far as putting something in place to safegaurd this kind of situation that is why a release needs to given. If teams do not wish their players to go elsewhere then they need not grant their release. The fact that Omineca let Gordin go (and sign with a division rival) tells me there is more going on then we may ever know. I think the safegaurds that are in place are sufficient and there is enough annomosity between teams that "loading up" for playoffs will never become an issue. By the way the Braves handed the puddle thier first home loss of the season with a 5-2 victory to clinch home ice in the first round.

January 11th, 2010, 7:46 am #5

I think your thinking is bad on this one Hardy, just about as bad as your goals against...I think there are too many loopholes, and if the braves have jumped through all the hoops as we are led to believe, it is just proof that this situation needs to be dealt with. Does this not look prety bad to you? Does this really pass the smell test? What if the shoe were on the other foot? What if the braves were in the Ice situation and Fehler jumped to the Luckies in hopes of more playoff success, would you be saying that this situation is all right? It was just last last week when all the braves 'fans' on the forum were taking the moral high ground on the 'gamesheet' controversy now the braves team is wading in to murky territory by poaching players who are looking for a better playoff situation...I dont think i can find any rule or regulation that would stop the Gordin transfer, but I think its a situation that should not happen...why not transfer two weeks ago, three weeks ago, when evrything is above board, now it just looks bush...why not transfer as soon as Gordin figured the situation in Hooterville was untenable, Barnes took the high road and no one in the league blinked (well maybe there was a little shady dealings, not surprised with Steely-on in the mix)...looks bad on Gordin and bad on the braves part...and you can argue all you want, I know that if the situation was reversed, and if the Steelheads or the Luckies or any team were doing the same thing you would be voicing your opposition...I call BS...

January 11th, 2010, 8:21 am #6

Hey Sandlak Enough with the winning you are starting to sound like your favortie player Blair Dinelle. You should be happy and thankful that Gordo is not playing against you guys in the first round of the playoffs but you might not be too happy if you guys face the braves in the second round because he is definitley a big addition to the defence core of the Braves.
Way To Go Burns Lake in finishing with the best SUNDAY Record maybe of all time in the CIHL by not losing a Sunday game all year.... Just goes to show what this team is made of finishing second overall in their division .
Oh yeah and by the way the Braves played the backup in Sundays game and he played a rock solid game. Did McIssac skip the hand shake at the end of the sundays game and leave the ice ??????????????? Just wondering?????

January 11th, 2010, 8:36 am #7

I think your thinking is bad on this one Hardy, just about as bad as your goals against...I think there are too many loopholes, and if the braves have jumped through all the hoops as we are led to believe, it is just proof that this situation needs to be dealt with. Does this not look prety bad to you? Does this really pass the smell test? What if the shoe were on the other foot? What if the braves were in the Ice situation and Fehler jumped to the Luckies in hopes of more playoff success, would you be saying that this situation is all right? It was just last last week when all the braves 'fans' on the forum were taking the moral high ground on the 'gamesheet' controversy now the braves team is wading in to murky territory by poaching players who are looking for a better playoff situation...I dont think i can find any rule or regulation that would stop the Gordin transfer, but I think its a situation that should not happen...why not transfer two weeks ago, three weeks ago, when evrything is above board, now it just looks bush...why not transfer as soon as Gordin figured the situation in Hooterville was untenable, Barnes took the high road and no one in the league blinked (well maybe there was a little shady dealings, not surprised with Steely-on in the mix)...looks bad on Gordin and bad on the braves part...and you can argue all you want, I know that if the situation was reversed, and if the Steelheads or the Luckies or any team were doing the same thing you would be voicing your opposition...I call BS...
Although I can see your point Sandlak I have to disagree with you. If Fehler wanted to leave the Braves to play for the Luckies in mid season, unless he'd moved to Houston he simply would not be released, end of story. I can assure as far as the Braves are concerned everything is on the level. I can't speak for Gordin or the situation that caused him to leave but, as I said before, in order to be released in the first place there had to be problems. People can make accusations or infer wrong doing but in actuality this situation is simple and I can honestly tell you the Braves have done nothing wrong. I don't think your Luckies would have turned Gordo away if the Braves had said no thankyou when he approached them, do you?

January 11th, 2010, 8:57 am #8

Hey Sandlak Enough with the winning you are starting to sound like your favortie player Blair Dinelle. You should be happy and thankful that Gordo is not playing against you guys in the first round of the playoffs but you might not be too happy if you guys face the braves in the second round because he is definitley a big addition to the defence core of the Braves.
Way To Go Burns Lake in finishing with the best SUNDAY Record maybe of all time in the CIHL by not losing a Sunday game all year.... Just goes to show what this team is made of finishing second overall in their division .
Oh yeah and by the way the Braves played the backup in Sundays game and he played a rock solid game. Did McIssac skip the hand shake at the end of the sundays game and leave the ice ??????????????? Just wondering?????
Hey Sandlak my last post was suppose to say Whinnig not Winning but I am sure the wins have gone to the luckies heads too ... of late........

January 11th, 2010, 10:11 am #9

Although I can see your point Sandlak I have to disagree with you. If Fehler wanted to leave the Braves to play for the Luckies in mid season, unless he'd moved to Houston he simply would not be released, end of story. I can assure as far as the Braves are concerned everything is on the level. I can't speak for Gordin or the situation that caused him to leave but, as I said before, in order to be released in the first place there had to be problems. People can make accusations or infer wrong doing but in actuality this situation is simple and I can honestly tell you the Braves have done nothing wrong. I don't think your Luckies would have turned Gordo away if the Braves had said no thankyou when he approached them, do you?
gordon is starting to become the new john beck. Biggest suite case in the league! lol. Where is beck now a days?? anyone know?? or should i start a breaking news thread??

January 11th, 2010, 3:26 pm #10

time will tell but vanderhoof saided he was not release on the weekend i hope for BL he was they should know better not to play him if he was not