1) Smithers - (1)[3-1-0] Bye week, maybe they found some goaltending in their time off?
2) Williams Lake -(2)[2-1-1] Bye week, Francis Johnson coming back, look for the Stamps to be firing on all cylinders this weekend against the Luckies
3) Kitimat- (3)[3-1-1] Another victory for a team that seemed to have a lot of turnover, and the buzz is maybe this is the year they get bumped off the top. Maybe this is the year, Kitimat stays on top without its highend players that have made them so dominant in the past?
4) Burns Lake - (6)[3-1-0} three big wins in a row. The hottest team in the CIHL is the fledgling Burns Lake Braves. Jason Gudjohnson leading candidate for CIHL rookie of the year, this guy is a player. He goes too the greasy areas, plays with an edge and puts points up, nice find by the Braves.
5) Hazelton - (5)[3-2-0] The other hot team in the league is the Wolverines. Have they discovered what it takes to win? Discipline will soon have to become a team goal or this team will be in hot water against the big dogs in the league.
6) Houston - (3)[1-1-0] A big loss in BL this weekend has them dropping. A tough weekend in Williams Lake coming up where they will be without Blair Dinelle, has it looking like another tough weekend coming up, can the Luckies avoid starting the season with 1 win and 3 losses?
8) Prince Rupert - (8)[1-1-2] another loss, and this team at this point has to be the disapointment of the season in my books, granted 2 OTL's, but those are against teams they should have beat. Alot of season left to turn it around, but the Rampage need to start racking up some wins.
9) Terrace - (7)[1-3-0] Losing to Hazelton is yet another sign that this team has a long ways to go before they can challenge the top flight teams in the CIHL. Definitely a work in progress.
10) Omineca - (9)[0-2-0] Bye week, hopefully shaking off some of the rust, and getting ready to come out and make amends for their poor performance against the expansion Braves.
- as a concept - doesn't mean a lot in the first couple of games...but I like Sandlak's second judgement on Kitimat. I think we are getting back a couple of solid players -- Kevin Finn rejoined the team this week, Jeremy Brady is returning from Europe -- I'm told Finner added a whole lot to the hitting end of the Demons game, with Sabey, Saturday.
As I said earlier, this weekend's game with Smithers will show where we stand with a mixture of core and newby players.
But I can assure you of one thing -- the Demons are getting ready for Hallowe'en!!!