point streak

point streak

October 9th, 2011, 4:28 pm #1

It s Sunday still no scores from Saturday night.Why do we have point streak terrible............Get better up dates on forum.Bush ******

October 9th, 2011, 5:14 pm #2

Statsguy is a volunteer. He can't enter scores without the info...sheets are faxed. You'll need to do what everybody else does, glean from the Forum. Not great -- but best available. Sure wish Powell River was in the league so you could volunteer to show us how things should be done...

October 9th, 2011, 5:20 pm #3

Hats off kitimatfan......

October 9th, 2011, 8:47 pm #4

It s Sunday still no scores from Saturday night.Why do we have point streak terrible............Get better up dates on forum.Bush ******
We are looking to make some improvements to our league website and will continue to try and stream line the process to get information online. Things are not perfect but we are volunteers and doing our best.

We are hoping to get a few more links to other senior teams in the province on the site. Can you please provide me with your team URL that includes the 2011/2012 updated schedule and scores for the CIHL website?

October 10th, 2011, 7:54 pm #5

I thought the league did a great job this weekend. All saturday games were up by Sunday afternoon, which never happened in the past (good job to all the home teams getting those in quickly) and Sunday games were up Sunday night with the exception of Omineca/Quesnel which the league is still likely waiting on.

Have noticed a few bugs... Most notably the stats seem to be being entered backwards. For example a goal is scored at the 2 minute mark and is being entered as scored at 18 minutes of the period. So every periods stats (goals/penalties) are in reverse order. Also, Power play goals are being missed most of the time.
Go Stamps Go!

October 10th, 2011, 8:10 pm #6

I talked to JD about that it does read wrong. Most of our time keepers are using time remaining on the clock as scoring time -- it doesn't fit with the PS system -- but Jamie is seeing if there can be a solution from their end rather than ask all timekeepers to do it the correct way. For example with 5.30 remaining in the second Demons scored. 28 secs later Terrace scored and with just .20 left in the period, Kitimat took the lead again. But the sheet shows a goal at .20 sec of the period, then Terrace at 5.03 and Kitimat at 5.30 off the period...reverse of what happened.

Checking into it.

October 10th, 2011, 9:46 pm #7

I thought the league did a great job this weekend. All saturday games were up by Sunday afternoon, which never happened in the past (good job to all the home teams getting those in quickly) and Sunday games were up Sunday night with the exception of Omineca/Quesnel which the league is still likely waiting on.

Have noticed a few bugs... Most notably the stats seem to be being entered backwards. For example a goal is scored at the 2 minute mark and is being entered as scored at 18 minutes of the period. So every periods stats (goals/penalties) are in reverse order. Also, Power play goals are being missed most of the time.
Rusty Maybe you shpuld check things out before you start talking. The Game sheet for the Omineca Ice game was emailed Sunday evening

October 11th, 2011, 4:45 am #8

Don't get angry Steve... I just said that the league was "likely" still waiting on it. Good Job getting it in so fast.
Go Stamps Go!

October 16th, 2011, 10:23 pm #9

Seem to be lots of mistakes on pointstreak again. Or teams making mistakes on scoresheets (not trying to get anyone in trouble) but these things should be correct for games played, stats etc.Here are some i have noticed.

1- Hazelton lists Lou Parent Sr playing - I have been told it is Jr playing and Sr coaching

2- Terrace shows no #17 Friday who scored the first goal and was announced as Nathan Soucie
also #19 Joey Cormano also listed as #67 who was announced as Joel Findlay
3- Houston has a Meints and a Mgints ,is there possibly a wrong letter here

Not sure i am 100% correct on these but 99% and maybe nobody cares, but if someone does maybe look into it. There are probably a few more.

And no i am not slamming any volunteer ,appreciate the work all involved do ,to keep the league operating.

October 16th, 2011, 10:40 pm #10

Might as well add the couple others i went back and found.

Rupert #6 Santurbano
WL Tyrel Lucas listed twice #20 and #27

Terrace #2 dunsmore played Friday ,not listed and is it not Patrick Leal not Zeal or is that a newspaper screwing it up ????