1-1 after two.

Go Stamps Go!
Go Stamps Go!

November 23rd, 2009, 2:03 am #2

4-2 Luckies with 7:10 to go.

Go Stamps Go!
Go Stamps Go!

November 23rd, 2009, 2:30 am #3

Luckies win 7-2. Ice led 2-1 early in the third before falling apart and taking alot of bad penalties.

Go Stamps Go!
Go Stamps Go!

November 23rd, 2009, 5:24 am #4

Omenica has a 2-1 lead early in the third...then the wheel come off...a bad call on a goal that actually was not turned the tide...The luckies tying goal, hit the post and came right out...ref Farrell signals goal...Ice protest...Luckies celebrate the most phony and uncomfortable goal celebration I have ever seen...Ref consults one linesman aand goal is counted...Now I will probably be strung up from my ginch off of the Worlds largest fly rod for saying this...That puck did not go in the net...late Breaking news: Sandlak effigys will be burned at high noon on wednesday....This non goal was the begginning of the end for the Ice, The became unnerved, unglued, and imbalanced...Duncan did his best impression of a meathead and chased the luckies all over the ice for the last fifteen minutes, in fact was still challenging the luckies as the final buzzer sounded...Gordin was ejected, and I believe there was a second ejection as well(can someone confirm this)The Ice fell apart and the Luckies scored 6 goals in the third...scene and heard: Luckies are pursuing a high level player who has moved to town signing may come soon, or may not happen at all, I give the odds at 50/50...I noticed Dallas Andersen in the stands last night wondering if he is injured since he did not make the road trip to Kitimat...Steely-on any insight??

November 24th, 2009, 5:30 am #5

Made the trip to the CPM and witness "the goal". That puck was not in and Sandlak you are right that was the most uncomfortable goal celebration I have ever seen. No brainer that was the turning point in the game, but other than that the reffing was OK.

I have seen the Luckies for about half their games this year and everyone is always talking Kenzle this and Kenzle that but what I am noticing is that their defence are not as bad as everyone thinks they are. They give up alot of shots but not a lot of great chances. You have Slaney back there who is the anchor(hahaha), Kelly and Sheperd the young guys who are fast and work hard, Bassani is solid and experienced and that guy with the big beard(don't know if he fits into the young or old guy category) who is calm with the puck and can add a little offence here and there.

Don't get me wrong Sandlak, Kenzle is one of if not the best in the league but with a solid blueline of guys in front of him. Everyone talks that they have no more big Dave or Gordin or any players with flash like Mildenberger or Devries, but do not under estimate the Luckies defensive group.

November 24th, 2009, 6:14 am #6

good points...while not the flashiest set of dmen in the league, they are getting the job done...i will need a favor Saturday night Langway...a good recap of the game in Burns would be helpful, prior committments have me not able to make the Burns trip this weekend.

November 24th, 2009, 10:25 pm #7

I think the tying goal that didn t go in on Sunday was more of the breaking point for the Ice.The Ice were up 2-1 and pouring it on and Kenzle shut em down! Just before the non goal, Kenzle absolutely robbed Boon? with an amazing glove save that had all the Ice players smiling and shaking their heads!Had they scored the momenteum might have went to the Ice going up 2 goals.
Slaney was a game star Sunday...couple goals and solid D...even shot blocks.I also thought the Vanderhoof tender played a hell of a game until his team abandened him!3rd star goes to Farrell for his tying goal!