Luckies Steelheads Game 1

Luckies Steelheads Game 1

January 27th, 2013, 5:53 pm #1

Great game down at the CPMA last night. Wrong result for the luckies however. The Luckies played dynamite. If they can bring the same intensity, and gameplan to Smithers next weekend they have a chance of taking two games in Smithers, a big task indeed, but not impossible if they stick to the gameplan.
First game I have seen the steelheads play in over a year and they brought a very un steelhead like game to Houston last night. They hit, they were chippy and I dare say Steelyon's little angels with the bright shiny halos even played dirty. Particularly Hutchinson's spear to Hassell was a definite lowpoint. Not sure if it was a heat of the moment thing, but never expected to see something like that from Hutchinson. For a town and a team that cried foul over the big, bad luckies for years, that play by far eclipsed any questionable tactics by any luckie in the past.
Wardrop played very good, not sure if he was screened on the winning goal, but nevertheless, you cant let Darryl Young get a chance like that with 39 seconds left. Tighten up a few areas and I predict a luckies win on Saturday, and a fantastic game 3 on Sunday.

January 27th, 2013, 7:15 pm #2

But after the spearing, I'm almost certain there had to be a final score? If you haven't watch Steelies for a year, I can say they have added a measure of extra meanness to go along with skill, scoring and speed...

January 27th, 2013, 8:40 pm #3

You forgot to mention that Hassel was laying on the puck in the slot & Hutch was trying to jam it loose. shouldn't even have been a penalty... If it was the dirtiest play u ever saw how come nobody on the little Luckies did anything ? Oh thats right it would mean taking on a guy over 165 pounds. also the Fish will have more than 2 lines and 4 D next week.

January 27th, 2013, 8:50 pm #4

Great game down at the CPMA last night. Wrong result for the luckies however. The Luckies played dynamite. If they can bring the same intensity, and gameplan to Smithers next weekend they have a chance of taking two games in Smithers, a big task indeed, but not impossible if they stick to the gameplan.
First game I have seen the steelheads play in over a year and they brought a very un steelhead like game to Houston last night. They hit, they were chippy and I dare say Steelyon's little angels with the bright shiny halos even played dirty. Particularly Hutchinson's spear to Hassell was a definite lowpoint. Not sure if it was a heat of the moment thing, but never expected to see something like that from Hutchinson. For a town and a team that cried foul over the big, bad luckies for years, that play by far eclipsed any questionable tactics by any luckie in the past.
Wardrop played very good, not sure if he was screened on the winning goal, but nevertheless, you cant let Darryl Young get a chance like that with 39 seconds left. Tighten up a few areas and I predict a luckies win on Saturday, and a fantastic game 3 on Sunday.
So what was the final score?

January 27th, 2013, 9:06 pm #5

Final score was 4-3 smithers. Young game winner with 36 seconds left in the 3rd

Really Carl. Hassel was laying on the puck because he just blocked the shot that he dove infront of. Hutchinson did try to jam it loose with a pitch fork to the stomach. Smithers had 3 sets of wingers with 2 centers and 5 D. Not sure how they are going to have more for next game when they have only had 13-14 players all season.

January 27th, 2013, 9:34 pm #6

Guess u didnt notice certain wingers sitting on the bench the whole game. Injured maybe ? Doesnt really matter that they didnt have their 2 big D-men or Millar,Groot,Barnes,Cringan,Arnold, Only thing that matters is that they won AGAIN in Houstons barn.

January 27th, 2013, 9:39 pm #7

Oh ya, since im on a roll. Kitimatfan, the Demons are tied with Omineca for being the dirtiest behind the play ankle choppers in the league... Thank you that is all.

January 27th, 2013, 11:34 pm #8

No team is better at that than River Kings...

January 27th, 2013, 11:55 pm #9

...better hang on to them tissues Carl...sounding like ya need them!

January 28th, 2013, 4:28 am #10

Steelheads haven't added any toughness too there team. They got a couple of guys out there full of cheap shots and won't back themselves up. (number 11 comes to mind) will do anything behind the play when the ref ain't looking but when he's asked to drop the mits won't do it. As for the spear on hassel .... It looked pretty bad from the stands and deserved what he got if not more. The luckies definetly aren't the cleanest team out there and no one would argue that but Smithers takes the cake after that game. Carl you are a joke