Coy cup champions

Coy cup champions

March 17th, 2012, 6:55 pm #1

I just wanna be the first to say congratulations to the Smithers steelheads for battling hard all year and in the championships. Your team is most deserving congrats on winning the Coy cup great season.

March 17th, 2012, 7:27 pm #2

Are you trying to jinx them Nubbsy or just getting Pappas heart rate going.There is no doubt ,they are the favorites. But there is a reason why they play the games. Hopefully it will be a good game,should be the biggest crowd of the week and i hear there will be quite a contingent from granolaville. Good luck to all! Oh yea happy St.paddys day,don't forget to wear your Rider green.

March 18th, 2012, 5:54 am #3

No that was just my prediction and I figured if was easier then having to come on to the forum later and do it. Once again congrats to the Steelheads and thanks to the Kitimat group for putting on an amazing tournament.

March 18th, 2012, 9:44 am #4

I will accept the thanks Nubbsy on behalf of our committee. And congrats to the Coy champions who have had an unbelievable season and capped it off with the biggest prize available at this level *the Coy Cup*. Steelies you were the best team all season and you proved it again tonite.
To our home town Demons, you made this community extremley proud again.For a team that many wondered if a playoff berth would be possible, you went above and beyond with a semi-final win and had the close to 2000 fans on the edge of their seats tonite till the last 20 secs.
Quesnel, pretty awesome for your first year in the league. I am sure you will only get better. A return to the glory days of senior hockey should be in the not too distant future.
Williams Lake ,again as you you have been in the last few years you were right in the mix. A bounce here or there and you very well could have been in the final.
So to all teams ,thank you very much for taking part in the tourney. Anyone who says it is a joke with the same teams competing, IMO does not really realise what the competition is about.100 years of senior hockey, and the 90th year the coy has been awarded. Lets hope senior hockey in the rest of the province can be revived and the Coy will only get better.
It was an awesome week of hockey!

March 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm #5

Congratulations to Smithers on their Coy Cop victory and welcome to the club.
Powell River Regal Hockey Club

March 18th, 2012, 4:32 pm #6

The Captain got it spot on. The Steelheads have built this team frm the ground up a couple of times, This aggregation is one they can br proud off -- clean, hard skating and even a bit of fun to be around!

The boys from Williams Lake are always trouble (on the ice) and great off the ice. Like us, with a couple more of the "regulars" available there are some could-ahoulda-and might-have-beens in our thoughts.

Quesnel, you guys are hockey mayhem, but great fun to watch -- you have good hockey people who know what has to be done to keep playing well without going over the edge. We KNOW you'll be back to challenge.

Demons' 10-year old core has been breaking up for a while -- injuries, work demands, new fathers - other interests -- and an age-related slowdown -- but what a record. Four of seven Coy Cups competed for -- two silver finishes -- absolutely terrific. No time for drooping heads or any self-recriminations. Everybody should be heads up and looking to the future.

Fans, sorry it wasn't the win, but wasn't that final five minutes a blast! Thanks for coming out and showing that Kitimat loves its team, win, lose or shootout!

March 19th, 2012, 2:17 am #7

I just wanna be the first to say congratulations to the Smithers steelheads for battling hard all year and in the championships. Your team is most deserving congrats on winning the Coy cup great season.
Congrats to smithers sounds like you guys had a heck of a season . Also sounds like another great tourny put on by Kitimat. Our canucks over here had another tough playoff , but its given myself lots of time to watch Horselake in there run for the cup and also have had time to watch our finals witch have been very good as well, 2-2 betwen Falher and Grande Praire . Again congrats to your whole league you kept the coy alive and I am sure every game was fun to watch.