Barnes back with Heads

Barnes back with Heads

September 21st, 2010, 10:30 pm #1

Stu Barnes is back playing in Smithers this year. Looks like he has severed all ties with the struggling hazelton wolverines who could really use him this season. I'm surprised he's not back with the Wolves......

September 21st, 2010, 10:48 pm #2

Realistically a guy only has so many years to enjoy this kind of hockey. It's also a lot more fun when your winning. With the Heads he has a real chance to win a Rio Tinto or a Coy or both, with Hazleton it's just about the pride of playing for your hometown. Gotta weigh your options and make the choice that best suits your goals.
Go Stamps Go!

September 24th, 2010, 8:21 pm #3

Winning is great and every players goal. This is not the NHL where old experienced veterans should be swapping teams every year just to win a cup. The league is built on local guys playing for local communities who support their local teams. I know that winning is great, but I would rather lose playing with local guys from my town than jumping onto the next team down the highway. I do not know all the details as to why Barnes is playing in Smithers but he should feel a little embarrassed. He is arguably the best player in Hazelton and leaves his local boys high and dry. They are struggling to stay in league and rack up the odd win here and there and he bolts to little whistler to play for the steelies.
I hope this rumour from headhunter is not true because there is pride in playing for your hometown team.

September 25th, 2010, 12:11 am #4

Yup your right, you don't know the details.

September 25th, 2010, 1:15 am #5

that might be what you would do Rod, but that doesn't mean it's only right choice. There is definitely some honour in slugging it out with the home town team but there was obviously a problem last year in Hazleton that drove him to another team. It was obviously a good fit for him if he wants to return to Smithers and that shouldn't be a problem. It's competitive hockey and competitors like to win.
Go Stamps Go!

September 25th, 2010, 6:53 am #6

Winning is great and every players goal. This is not the NHL where old experienced veterans should be swapping teams every year just to win a cup. The league is built on local guys playing for local communities who support their local teams. I know that winning is great, but I would rather lose playing with local guys from my town than jumping onto the next team down the highway. I do not know all the details as to why Barnes is playing in Smithers but he should feel a little embarrassed. He is arguably the best player in Hazelton and leaves his local boys high and dry. They are struggling to stay in league and rack up the odd win here and there and he bolts to little whistler to play for the steelies.
I hope this rumour from headhunter is not true because there is pride in playing for your hometown team.
i totally agree. would be great to see barnes back in the barn, but alot of things have to be fixed back home. hope wolves could work things out.
alot of wah wah happening in wolftown. politics politics. people crying over control and who is to do what, when and how.

do to one as done to you
do to one as done to you

September 25th, 2010, 4:56 pm #7

Stu Barnes is back playing in Smithers this year. Looks like he has severed all ties with the struggling hazelton wolverines who could really use him this season. I'm surprised he's not back with the Wolves......
I agree with Rod, this hockey is about communities, not a paycheck to play for a hockey team, its not like he didn't make the team, he should have been the leader in Hazelton, but i guess his heart and spine just not into it, i am sure Smithers is happy, but they already have a big pool to pick from to play, Hazelton is a small place and probably only have enough players to call on to play, i thought maybe with new coaches and management he would come back, you gotta have pride for your community. i lost all my respect for him, good luck traitor

October 5th, 2010, 10:01 pm #8

well every dog has his day, Stu had his with the club(wolves)
he did almost everything a young leader could do??? BUT management/players choose not to make changes(drinking/making commitment to club)
Smart idea to move? not so sure? BUT like one would "HOME ISN'T WHERE THE HEART IS??"
It is what it is, mad/upset at Stu? No not at all, wish him well in steeltown, hoping would return? Not today though?
man o man the wolves put themselves in a grind??? cardinal gone(100 lbs) over weight decides enough is enough??
barnes gone? team is smaller, younger, coaching is whatever it is? management still pointing fingers, oh and IF they(wolves management) want fans out, have better communication, you have management at the door WITH no smile, no greeting fans(just who they choose to smile at?) NOT good for busines?
ALL IN ALL, BARNES WE GUNNA MISS YOU, WOLVES,MANGEMENT, GET THE SHIT STRAIGHT OR OUR BARN WILL BE EMPTY DOWN THE ROAD IF NOT SOONER.

October 6th, 2010, 3:30 am #9

why would you post that ken when you're listed as their equipment manager?

October 6th, 2010, 3:33 am #10

Omigod! That's hilarious...