Viewing DAVID BOWIE'S ART COLLECTION for auction at SOTHEBY'S (LONDON)

Viewing DAVID BOWIE'S ART COLLECTION for auction at SOTHEBY'S (LONDON)

July 5th, 2018, 7:27 am #1

A nice walk around DBs art collection. The only annoying thing for me is continuous verbal price tagging of each item. Say something about the work, we know they are expensive! I visited the show and loved it (apart from the furniture - not my nest of tables at all); especially the Auerbach and Basquiats. I still feel that it would have been a wonderful gift to a major gallery . . .

July 5th, 2018, 10:07 am #2

Odysseus wrote: A nice walk around DBs art collection. The only annoying thing for me is continuous verbal price tagging of each item. Say something about the work, we know they are expensive! I visited the show and loved it (apart from the furniture - not my nest of tables at all); especially the Auerbach and Basquiats. I still feel that it would have been a wonderful gift to a major gallery . . .

If this is what the family are getting rid of, it certainly makes you wonder what they've kept.

July 5th, 2018, 3:54 pm #3

I just wondered where those giant posters all went lol. All of these events (The sale, The Bowie Is Show etc) have these amazing and huge posters/display images and I hope they are not all just skipped as a lot of this stuff is once it's deemed finished with.

Lol Just a thought.
Jx
"Be a standing cinema"