Video: Intro/Don't Let Me Down & Down - Rare Promo HD Remaster

Video: Intro/Don't Let Me Down & Down - Rare Promo HD Remaster

January 12th, 2017, 1:41 am #1

Finally back in the Bowie video restoration club (I hope). Here's something only found in the Japanese broadcast version of the Black Tie White Noise film. Still not completely satisfied with the results myself, but definitely hope you'll all enjoy it nonetheless:https://vimeo.com/199085401

January 12th, 2017, 2:05 am #2

I've often thought this should have been a single, though he probably wanted to move away from sappy stuff.

Thanks for the upload.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

January 12th, 2017, 6:50 am #3

Finally back in the Bowie video restoration club (I hope). Here's something only found in the Japanese broadcast version of the Black Tie White Noise film. Still not completely satisfied with the results myself, but definitely hope you'll all enjoy it nonetheless:https://vimeo.com/199085401
Thanks for this, didn't think i'd ever see that one.
I always had a soft spot for this song.

January 12th, 2017, 8:55 am #4

it was scheduled to be the 4th single but for whatever reason it didn't happen.i seem to remember talk of this.
his vocal on this song is amazing.
one of my favourites on btwn.

January 12th, 2017, 9:31 am #5

Great to see this, thanks!

A real shame it wasn't included on the BTWN 3 disc edition. When it's all complete and ready to go like this, you'd think it would be simple to put it on the disc for completeness sake. Not worth the bother for them I suppose.

One other thought it brings to mind this week - isn't it great watching DB talk? I would have dearly loved to see any kind of conversation with him about his work recorded in the last five or ten years, I'm sure he was very happy and I think that would have shown through.

January 12th, 2017, 2:13 pm #6

Brilliant. Always loved that song and never thought I'd ever get to see the vid/perf. Thanks

Jx
""Still I keep my love for you"

January 12th, 2017, 7:02 pm #7

Never knew existed and beautiful; thank you !!! Listening to all of BTWN now
And can't think of the man ever looking anymore striking or stunning
Or happy 😊

January 12th, 2017, 7:40 pm #8

Far from my favourite track but nice to see. Thanks Tyler.