Spin CDs

July 31st, 2018, 6:10 pm #1

Does anyone on here buy from Spin CDs, and if so does anyone have any issues with them?
I used to buy from them all the time when they had the shop years ago (I even persuaded them to sell me a copy of Outside a couple of days before release back in the day), but I’ve not had much luck with them online, and I wanted to see if it’s just me or not.
I’ve placed three orders with them-the first one was fine, although they were slower at getting the items in than other places, but since then it’s been a disaster.
My second order was on a 20% off offer, placed before Christmas and after various phone calls and emails I got one part of the order just before Easter, but then after a few more conversations and promises I gave up on getting the other item.
My most recent order was for a vinyl reissue of the Scary Monsters Interview promo LP, which I pre-ordered. I got a notification almost two weeks ago that it had been shipped but it’s never arrived and they’re not responding to emails. Frustrated and angry at the way they go on, and just wanted to see if anyone else had had problems with them, and potentially to warn others to avoid them if you want to get what you order.

August 1st, 2018, 10:54 am #2

Hi Golly,
I used to buy my Bowie 7" picture discs and first couple of the boxed sets from Spin. However, due to their very late deliveries and lack of response I ceased using them last year. Hope this helps you decide.
Crash Records in Leeds are good for the 7", but will only do pick-up for the boxed sets.