Ricochet $4k...WTF

11:55 AM - Aug 04, 2018 #1

It’s ridiculous $4k for a book with a 12” single!!!

As my dear sister pointed out ‘at least you got Bowie’s signature with Genesis books for much less’

As Mist would say if he wasn’t still sulking “Ker-ching”
I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star

12:57 PM - Aug 04, 2018 #2

$4K?That's about what a single a claimant on universal credit gets to live on for 6 months. What's more valuable: a smelly unemployed person or a book of photos of Bowie with big hair?

1:23 PM - Aug 04, 2018 #3

It’s market forces isn’t it. If some plank wants to pay that kind of asking price then you can’t blame them for charging it.

I agree with you though absolutely! Silly price, but then again the world is full of silly people hence the popularity of the box sets, not to mention various other juvenile David Bowie branded tat flooding the market place. If fans didn’t buy it they wouldn’t produce it.

Let’s face it David Bowie has become another Elvis when it comes to tat kings, which is kind of appropriate when you consider they both shared the same birthday.

What is a concern of mine is why David Bowie fans who I always thought were generally an intelligent bunch like the guy they profess to admire, allow themselves to indulge in this naive and  juvenile behaviour?
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together.

7:17 PM - Aug 04, 2018 #4

the_starman wrote:  $4K?That's about what a single a claimant on universal credit gets to live on for 6 months. What's more valuable: a smelly unemployed person or a book of photos of Bowie with big hair?
Rubbish comparison Jon dear!

7:43 PM - Aug 04, 2018 #5

Oh Dawn, i was just pretending that I had a social conscience... ;-)

10:40 PM - Aug 04, 2018 #6

the_starman wrote: Oh Dawn, i was just pretending that I had a social conscience... ;-)
That’s what Hitler said!

9:49 AM - Aug 05, 2018 #7

the_starman wrote:  $4K?That's about what a single a claimant on universal credit gets to live on for 6 months. What's more valuable: a smelly unemployed person or a book of photos of Bowie with big hair?
Is that you, Katie Hopkins?