Quicksand...

Quicksand...

June 20th, 2018, 7:00 pm #1

I find myself being drawn towards this particular Demo, more and more.  It is a poignant & befitting reminder of His ability in being leagues ahead as a lyricist, coupled with a complete understanding of his craft as a vocalist. This tune is breathtakingly beautiful. 

bowie-hunky-dory-cucho-pec3b1aloza.jpg
bowie-hunky-dory-cucho-pec3b1aloza.jpg

June 21st, 2018, 6:55 pm #2

My favourite Bowie song - the biggest thrill I got was hearing the version of the BOWPROMO1 for the first time in 1985. The start (in stereo) with a much richer mix is sublime and I never understood why this version wasn't used in the official release...

You are right, the demo is a  special template for many reasons and it was great to hear it when it came out for the first time 1990. It also made me appreciate Mick Ronson's contributions and arrangements to HD much more.

June 21st, 2018, 9:32 pm #3

There's a better different demo played in a BBC documentary

June 28th, 2018, 10:28 pm #4

...and it's one of the few, truly exclusive, Ryko bonus tracks that hasn't reappeared on a later release

July 5th, 2018, 12:40 pm #5

… thanks to Youtube  there's bundles of stuff to be found, though I cannot say that I care too much for 'some' of the so-called remixes or blatantly wrong 'unknown edits' etc. 

This is interesting if you've not seen it. It also somehow confirms why David said to me, and I quote: " I hear you've been speaking with Rono. He's a C*** isn't he"  I know that he was truly peeved-off with everything & anything to do with Mainman/Defries, but?

July 15th, 2018, 6:58 pm #6

ritzi wrote: … thanks to Youtube  there's bundles of stuff to be found, though I cannot say that I care too much for 'some' of the so-called remixes or blatantly wrong 'unknown edits' etc. 

This is interesting if you've not seen it. It also somehow confirms why David said to me, and I quote: " I hear you've been speaking with Rono. He's a C*** isn't he"  I know that he was truly peeved-off with everything & anything to do with Mainman/Defries, but?

That's a really lovely piece of music accompaning the video.  Does anyone know what it is?

July 16th, 2018, 1:10 pm #7

MrBitey wrote:
ritzi wrote: … thanks to Youtube  there's bundles of stuff to be found, though I cannot say that I care too much for 'some' of the so-called remixes or blatantly wrong 'unknown edits' etc. 

That's a really lovely piece of music accompaning the video.  Does anyone know what it is?
I cannot help you I'm sorry to say. The video is by Fox News. They have a Facebook page which may be of use to you?