outside in budapest

outside in budapest

August 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm #1

can someone please post an mp3 of the version of quicksand from this boot...or maybe the one from live at ten spot...i love the earthling tour version and have a friend who's learning it on guitar...i'd love for him to hear this version...

any other soundboard versions from this tour would be appreciated!

----------------------------

Come here mama....and dig this crazy scene
He's not too fancy....but his line is pretty clean

August 9th, 2011, 2:55 pm #2

is live at ten spot from ny?....i recall he opened with quicksand then right?....a great opener....that show was televised on tv...i was glued to the set...

August 9th, 2011, 3:12 pm #3

yep ny. as was the one with robert smith that you saw...the ten spot bootleg is great because it has tracks that were unbroadcast and also between commercials banter...ya gotta get it...hopefully someone here can help...my net connection is slow, so a direct link to mp3 files would be greatly appreciated. wok love you long time if you do it

August 9th, 2011, 4:37 pm #4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksand_(David_Bowie_song)

some interesing factoids...i always took the garbo reference literally....

August 9th, 2011, 5:12 pm #5

can someone please post an mp3 of the version of quicksand from this boot...or maybe the one from live at ten spot...i love the earthling tour version and have a friend who's learning it on guitar...i'd love for him to hear this version...

any other soundboard versions from this tour would be appreciated!

Great bootleg,

Chaos girls is great too!

August 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm #6

boo! help a person. did i mention i have leaukimia and i've been told by doctors i have six months to live? that's optimistic....

August 10th, 2011, 1:36 pm #7

well - I only ever had "outside in budapest" on mini disc...
(which is now in storage back in the States)

and I made a lossless copy of "Paradiso '97" and put it on my External Hard Drive...

but - almost two weeks ago, I noticed the USB port on the external drive was a bit loose, I fiddled around with it a bit, and accidentally made it worse. So - I took it to a computer repair shop, after they fixed it (which took several days, far too long btw) - they said "they couldn't find anything on the actual drive"

which didn't make sense at all...

and now they're doing "Data Recovery" on the drive... which also shouldn't be taking this long

so - I'm probably fucked and have lost ALL of my Bowie bootlegs, my entire cd collection (which I digitized then put the discs in storage), plus all of my photographs, research for my dissertation, sketches ...EVERYTHING

...but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic -> I'm hoping that by some random chance I won't be totally fucked.

August 10th, 2011, 2:53 pm #8

bettina is probably smoking class a weed and laughing hysterically as we bemoan our losses. i just wanna hear a live version of quicksand...maybe i'll crank up the phone...it has quicker net then my shagging computer...