New Bowie Project?

4:35 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #1

On Sunday Morning Show, Nile Rogers said he was in London working on a special Bowie Project that's coming up and he couldn't talk about it. Anyone in the London music scene got any ideas what this could be? We know he has been working on a string version of Lets Dance. Is there a bigger project about to be announced?

Luv to all

Jx

"Pour me out another phone"

4:45 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #2

So long as it’s not a complete re- working of the Let’s Dance Album. 🙄

I mean what is it with bloody strings anyway? Rodgers has been working on a string version of Let’s Dance, the track I assume. NLMD 2018 appears it might? be totally re-worked with strings.

Before we know it we will have a Bowie album of some sort released called, Bowie Night At The Proms, with an introduction at the beginning recorded by Ken Bruce.
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together.

4:10 PM - Oct 03, 2018 #3

I wondered if a concert of some kind was in the offing.

3:16 PM - Oct 04, 2018 #4

Intriguing.  Well they are already releasing the "Loving the Alien" box, so unless it is some type of promo associated, it can't be that.  We have seen them rework NLMD.  Is it possible they have decided to rework some other songs?  Could we get a whole album of reworked Bowie classics?  It certainly is a possibility now.  "Let's Dance" would be reworked like they did it on "A Reality Tour".  Perhaps they asked Niles to work on the track?  Obviously we know how "Loving the Alien" (the song) would be reworked.  One has to wonder what they are up to...

7:23 PM - Oct 04, 2018 #5

Is not necessarily anything to do with db folks. NR pretty much co owns that tune. He has a new record out. Maybe it’s more to do with him? 

But hey, who knows......? ;)

7:44 PM - Oct 04, 2018 #6

cruelgarden wrote: On Sunday Morning Show, Nile Rogers said he was in London working on a special Bowie Project that's coming up and he couldn't talk about it. Anyone in the London music scene got any ideas what this could be? We know he has been working on a string version of Lets Dance. Is there a bigger project about to be announced?

Luv to all

Jx

"Pour me out another phone"
It could be something for RSD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

1:05 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #7

please, don't tell about it for Erdal

10:23 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #8

v2david wrote: We have seen them rework NLMD.  Is it possible they have decided to rework some other songs?  Could we get a whole album of reworked Bowie classics?  It certainly is a possibility now.  "Let's Dance" would be reworked like they did it on "A Reality Tour".  Perhaps they asked Niles to work on the track?  Obviously we know how "Loving the Alien" (the song) would be reworked.  One has to wonder what they are up to...
Anything but all that.

Seriously people do we really want Bowie’s work constantly re-worked.

NLMD I can kind of stomach and have sort of come round to the idea with reservations because Bowie “apparently wanted to do it” and it is pretty crap in it’s original form so it’s probably not that hard to improve, but for goodness sake! fucking about with a geniuses work because he is dead and we are all desperate to buy Bowie things isn’t the way to go, and more importantly isn’t really respecting  the memory of the man and his great body of work.

I know I’m getting a bee in the old bonnet about this, but I saw this coming when he died and it seems to be coming true sadly. ☹️

Parlophone or whoever, concentrate on things actually worth having like this forthcoming Glastonbury 2000 release FFS!🤬
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together.