Missing Link - Franzine

Missing Link - Franzine

June 19th, 2018, 4:40 pm #1

Greetings Earthling,  I'm a newbie with a New Career In A New Town, and am Always Crashing In The Same Car, and so please break me in gently... I don't know if this topic has been addressed, but can any of you remember (or have copies of)  the Missing Link Franzine by Pete & Julia?

As I recall, at least 12 issues were produced and I have sadly passed my copies on. I met and stayed with Pete & Julia in the 1980s and I did artwork for two of their Franzines', one being a front cover. I also placed a few adds whilst searching for The Man Who Sold The World - round cover which I managed to acquire a white label DEMO of.  My collection of vinyl at that point was one of the largest in Europe... Some 500+ Albums and at a guess, 1000+ singles which included acetates and Transcription discs. I contributed the discographies to both publications of 'Alias David Bowie' by Peter & Leni Gillman. After all, I'd fist seen David in 1967 (met Him & Ronson several times and stayed briefly at Haddon Hall, Beckenham,  and went on to see 18 Ziggy/1973 shows, every night front row at ISOLAR I and all nights at ISOLAR II etc & etc...and worked at several Serious Moonlight shows in UK and at Live Aid. Zzzzzz… 

Several issues of the Franzine were even at that time difficult to locate, and no more were printed after their somewhat limited production. P & J had an amazing collection of (bootleg) live recordings and rehearsals on Cassette Tapes which they offered for sale. I 'believe' that Peter & Julia split-up at some point, and so I have no idea which one of them kept their collection...  Anyway, I would Dearly love to obtain copies of the Issues in which my artwork was displayed, in the main for my Son, who has special needs, and is a HUGE Bowie fan himself. The pictured examples are not my artwork.

If I receive any response/replies I will of course address/answer.

Love-on Ya!
Ritzi
missing-3d89ab1.jpg
missing-3d89ab1.jpg

June 22nd, 2018, 8:51 pm #2

I'll have a look through my stuff when I get chance. I'm sure I have a few of them.

July 5th, 2018, 12:28 pm #3

paulkinder wrote: I'll have a look through my stuff when I get chance. I'm sure I have a few of them.
Thanks Paul, that'll be great if you have them spare or can share them.