Message Board update

Message Board update

January 22nd, 2018, 4:18 pm #1

If you were wondering why the board is slow and up and down...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Network54 forums will be migrated to the Tapatalk Groups platform in the near future.

With the move to Tapatalk Groups, we will be able to provide your forum stable, fast servers, along with many additional features and options to run your site.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've haven't seen a preview of what everything will look like or how it all works. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Cheers
Rednik

January 22nd, 2018, 6:44 pm #2

Thanks for letting us know.

They'll be moving us into the 21st century!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

January 22nd, 2018, 6:44 pm #3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Network54 forums will be migrated to the Tapatalk Groups platform in the near future.

With the move to Tapatalk Groups, we will be able to provide your forum stable, fast servers, along with many additional features and options to run your site.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've haven't seen a preview of what everything will look like or how it all works. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Cheers
Rednik

How self-referential. A message board message about message boards. Thanks as always Paul for your tireless efforts on our behalf so that we may sound profound and on top of our games.

January 22nd, 2018, 7:02 pm #4

Thanks for letting us know.

They'll be moving us into the 21st century!
I say we, as any Fall fans here (at least those who use online messageboards) will know of the 'Tapatalk group'.

be warned, they seem a bit new to this...

There's 33 pages of so pages about them on The Fall forum (and even a spin-off forum partially inspired by this situation ).

January 22nd, 2018, 7:07 pm #5

How self-referential. A message board message about message boards. Thanks as always Paul for your tireless efforts on our behalf so that we may sound profound and on top of our games.
Urgh! They recently took over YUKU and seem to be aimed at mobile phone users.

January 22nd, 2018, 7:12 pm #6

So will we be accessing BWW through an app?

January 22nd, 2018, 7:21 pm #7

Many thanks Paul for all the time and effort you put into keep this important message board going.

January 22nd, 2018, 8:25 pm #8

Thank you so much Paul, i will tell soon to my friends Mr Plow, Nat Tate and RhodaB

January 23rd, 2018, 6:11 am #9

Thanks, Paul, for the update.

"Schtum!"

January 23rd, 2018, 7:07 pm #10

I fear change...

January 24th, 2018, 3:00 am #11

Ditto to the many thanks for your dogged perseverance.
Basically an idle member here, with regards to
useful input. But entirely an enjoyable,
informative, and often eye-rolling chuckle bound glean.
Again, thanks

January 24th, 2018, 10:58 am #12

The word out there seems to be that tapatalk have a one forum fits all approach. Now, on a forum like this, it might work - there are not multiple sections, optional secondary title lines to posts etc.

However access to the Fall forum on tapatalk is awkward on my phone frequently posts can't be opened, and on my pc or my phone if I forget to login before trying to reply to a post that's the start of a long journey interrupted by unwanted and incorrect messages from tapatalk.

The word is Zeta boards can be a better way to access tapatalk forums.

Just a couple of points anyway on recent and grueling experience - the new (and hilarious) pastiche Fall(en) forum on Zeta works perfectly every time - loads in a second no problem accessing any posts. Though to be fair it's a small forum at present.

I hope whatever happens here goes well, Bowie fans and his legacy deserve that.

February 7th, 2018, 10:17 am #13

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers
Rednik

Had a quick look around the new board - beta testing etc

I really do like it so far, functionality wise, especially on my desktop version.

Not sure when it will all be live and migrated. Hopefully sometime this month.

Last edited by paulkinder on February 7th, 2018, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 7th, 2018, 3:01 pm #14

Try searching "The Fallen Online Forum" before you lambast things you lambast things you don't know about ...even for an in-joke some if it is very funny indeed

February 7th, 2018, 4:40 pm #15

Had a quick look around the new board - beta testing etc

I really do like it so far, functionality wise, especially on my desktop version.

Not sure when it will all be live and migrated. Hopefully sometime this month.
Godspeed, Major Tom!

I'm waiting to post the photo where Mr. Bowie wins the Kylo Ren meme.
"Schtum!"

June 27th, 2018, 7:36 pm #16

I take it we can't upload photos though?

June 27th, 2018, 9:29 pm #17

CHANGES69 wrote: I take it we can't upload photos though?
Not sure if they will be utilising something like PhotoBucket used to be. I'll have a look and see what's happening.

Give it a go now - see announcement post

June 28th, 2018, 9:11 am #18

After several months now I have to say this new MB is performing alright on desktop/laptop. On the phone (latest Android) however it is a bloody nuisance, whereas I use other Tapatalk forums without a problem.

It loads way too slow, keeps skipping up and down, causing one to select something wrong, then once you've reached a thread (always at the wrong end) and swipe down it may end up scrolling all the way down.

Was hoping this would be handled. It may explain the relative quietness on here. The place deserves a better performing platform.