Labyrinth soundtrack

Labyrinth soundtrack

February 20th, 2017, 7:09 pm #1

February 20th, 2017, 10:59 pm #2

i typed a big long response to this and then hit the x by accident. anyways short version, watched the movie tonight (yikes! you can stop calling me lady boy i'm now officially labby boy) but i was struck by the end scene where he says something like "i would've been your slave." he references the movie to the end - blackstar, for example, but you'll find loads more. and what is it with the creepy picture of him in her bedroom? is he supposed to be her daddy?

ok, so i'm not the first to pick up on it...someone did a youtube clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLWSiRyGQ4

but there was a lot of db input into this movie (love the deconstructed set piece of his face).

but ok...i'll get one you didn't notice eh...

the clock striking 13 (1984)...eh...look where the owl lands (go figure that one)
Last edited by wokwokwok on February 20th, 2017, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2017, 11:15 pm #3

oh yeah and then there's the name sarah. why do they do this to kids?

February 21st, 2017, 11:43 pm #4

i typed a big long response to this and then hit the x by accident. anyways short version, watched the movie tonight (yikes! you can stop calling me lady boy i'm now officially labby boy) but i was struck by the end scene where he says something like "i would've been your slave." he references the movie to the end - blackstar, for example, but you'll find loads more. and what is it with the creepy picture of him in her bedroom? is he supposed to be her daddy?

ok, so i'm not the first to pick up on it...someone did a youtube clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLWSiRyGQ4

but there was a lot of db input into this movie (love the deconstructed set piece of his face).

but ok...i'll get one you didn't notice eh...

the clock striking 13 (1984)...eh...look where the owl lands (go figure that one)
There's a theory, not sure if a fan theory or something more substantial that The pic of Jareth in her bedroom has greater meaning in the film.

In the pic, briefly seen, Jareth is a member of a theatre group Sarah's mother is also a part of. The theory is that Sarah's mother & Jareth are having an affair.

This ties in neatly with the whole theme of the film: Jareth is a threat, who can take away her family, but also hie is alluring & mysterious (What is is about hIm that enchants her mother?)

Whilst on the subject, the relationship between Sarah & Jareth was seen as "dodgy" & a bit inappropriate even back in 1986 when the film was released, but seen a generation later it's ickiness is magnified a hundred fold. (There's sexual frisson between them & she's supposed to be 15 & he's clearly in his 30s)

I love the role & Bowie's performance, but there is something uncomfortable about it

February 22nd, 2017, 7:50 am #5

Either way - missed opportunity to include all the different remixes and edits.

February 22nd, 2017, 12:24 pm #6

I've never actually seen Labyrinth - couldn't get past the fright wig.
Hearing stuff like 'There's sexual frisson between them & she's supposed to be 15 & he's clearly in his 30s'
makes me glad I avoided it!

February 24th, 2017, 5:44 am #7

There's a theory, not sure if a fan theory or something more substantial that The pic of Jareth in her bedroom has greater meaning in the film.

In the pic, briefly seen, Jareth is a member of a theatre group Sarah's mother is also a part of. The theory is that Sarah's mother & Jareth are having an affair.

This ties in neatly with the whole theme of the film: Jareth is a threat, who can take away her family, but also hie is alluring & mysterious (What is is about hIm that enchants her mother?)

Whilst on the subject, the relationship between Sarah & Jareth was seen as "dodgy" & a bit inappropriate even back in 1986 when the film was released, but seen a generation later it's ickiness is magnified a hundred fold. (There's sexual frisson between them & she's supposed to be 15 & he's clearly in his 30s)

I love the role & Bowie's performance, but there is something uncomfortable about it
Oh, no! He is 38 and she was 14! Sooooo lock up your daughters!
Lock up your wives!
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
Don't you mess me 'round
T.N.T. Oi, oi, oi
T.N.T. Oi, oi, oi
T.N.T. Oi, oi, oi
T.N.T. Oi, oi, oi
T.N.T. Oi
I'm dynamite (oi, oi)
T.N.T. Oi,
And I'll win the fight,
T.N.T.
I'm a power load
T.N.T.
Watch me explode!

Sinatra
Last edited by 1EyedWick on February 24th, 2017, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.