Is David Contracted to any label right now?

Is David Contracted to any label right now?

August 19th, 2011, 11:48 am #1

I was wondering if he is still contracted to release any new material or if his existing contracts allow for re-releases and Items such as STS expanded editions.

August 19th, 2011, 12:15 pm #2

He's on his own label ISO which is owned by Sony, but I doubt he is obligated to release new music.

Re-issues are handled by EMI, it's almost comfirmed that there will be 3 more STS like deluxe editions- (It was posted by someone close to EMI if I recall correctly) Low, Scary Monters and either The man who sold the world or Hunky Dory I can't remember which, then the contract expires in 2012.

Last edited by shane140 on August 19th, 2011, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 19th, 2011, 12:31 pm #3

what about "heroes"

man who sold the world would be great but i don't see it pipping heroes in the running. more material to release though i suppose (that is known about)

----------------------------

Come here mama....and dig this crazy scene
He's not too fancy....but his line is pretty clean

August 19th, 2011, 1:00 pm #4

He's on his own label ISO which is owned by Sony, but I doubt he is obligated to release new music.

Re-issues are handled by EMI, it's almost comfirmed that there will be 3 more STS like deluxe editions- (It was posted by someone close to EMI if I recall correctly) Low, Scary Monters and either The man who sold the world or Hunky Dory I can't remember which, then the contract expires in 2012.

" it's almost comfirmed that there will be 3 more STS like deluxe editions"

I'm sure STS was the only release to have the deluxe treatment. The others will just be special editions.

August 19th, 2011, 4:42 pm #5

it was hunky dory, low and scary monsters.
tmwstw has never been mentioned tho it deserves a decent special edition reissue along with hunky dory, those two should be the next in line.
according to that report they should have been released this year,1 per quarter i think it was, that has'nt happened for any of them, so it seems likely we will see nothing before bowie negotiates the new deal in spring of next year.
but if the deal ain't right it could be even longer than that.
i fear we are in for a very long barren run.

August 19th, 2011, 4:46 pm #6

would be good to have TMWSTW in a black box (same casing as s2s) but with the ziggy cover. With loads of extras. Oh well - may he will release in December....2012 just before the end of the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

August 19th, 2011, 5:12 pm #7

ISO isn't owned by Sony they distribute it.

-----------------------------------------------

August 19th, 2011, 5:22 pm #8

hunky dory - low - scary sounds about right

they could do low heroes and lodger as a deluxe set.

----------------------------

Come here mama....and dig this crazy scene
He's not too fancy....but his line is pretty clean

August 19th, 2011, 5:53 pm #9

"they could do low heroes and lodger as a deluxe set."

Or simply re-issue the unsold, left over copies of 'Portrait Of A Star'!

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

August 19th, 2011, 7:31 pm #10

I don't where the idea of a "Scary Monsters" special edition came from?

Someone has wishful thinking. I seriously doubt we'll be treated to anything now before the lease to EMI runs out.

I even think EMI will be the ones to have the new lease.