How to get the replacement Heroes CD/LP

December 8th, 2017, 8:01 pm #1

Just in case anyone missed it, here’s how to get the replacement “Heroes” disk. It was posted on the official Facebook page this morning but isn’t on the news section of davidbowie.com yet...

"HEROES" ALBUM UPDATE

We can now confirm that the "Heroes" audio has been updated via all digital download and streaming partners. CD and LP discs (in a plain sleeve) will be ready to ship week commencing 11th December.

Those who have bought the ANCIANT box set and would like an updated disc of "Heroes" should send an email to:

heroes@wmgcustomerservice.com

Your email should contain the following info:

• NAME
• SHIPPING ADDRESS (and any delivery instructions)
• EMAIL ADDRESS
• PHONE NUMBER (required by some delivery providers)
• FORMAT PURCHASED (CD or LP)
• PROOF OF PURCHASE (email attachment / photo / scan / screen grab / etc.)

Please ensure that you limit the content of your email to these details only so that the Warner Music Customer Services team can process your order as quickly and efficiently as possible.

#ANCIANTbox #ANewCareerInANewTownBox

December 11th, 2017, 11:47 pm #2

Has anyone had a confirmation from WMG that their email has been received and their enquiry is being dealt with?

I sent an email Sat evening but have heard nothing yet.

Any bets on how long it will take to get the replacement disc/vinyl? I’ll go end of Jan.

December 12th, 2017, 5:20 am #3

I sent an e-mail request to WMG for the LP update late Friday but haven't received an acknowledgment yet.

December 12th, 2017, 2:28 pm #4

Just in case anyone missed it, here’s how to get the replacement “Heroes” disk. It was posted on the official Facebook page this morning but isn’t on the news section of davidbowie.com yet...

"HEROES" ALBUM UPDATE

We can now confirm that the "Heroes" audio has been updated via all digital download and streaming partners. CD and LP discs (in a plain sleeve) will be ready to ship week commencing 11th December.

Those who have bought the ANCIANT box set and would like an updated disc of "Heroes" should send an email to:

• NAME
• EMAIL ADDRESS

Please ensure that you limit the content of your email to these details only so that the Warner Music Customer Services team can process your order as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No nothing received back here either.

December 12th, 2017, 4:03 pm #5

These will get delivered in February, just in time for the reissues that will be sold individually.

January 4th, 2018, 5:42 pm #6

"HEROES" ALBUM UPDATE

• NAME
• EMAIL ADDRESS

Got this email today

Thank you for contacting us regarding your replacement Heroes CD/LP

We are currently working through all requests so may not be able to respond to you immediately.

Once your replacement has been processed, we will provide you with an order confirmation email so that you know that your copy is being arranged for you.

We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

If you have any questions about your replacement please respond to this email.

Kind regards,
Last edited by dazzzhoo on January 4th, 2018, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 4th, 2018, 9:11 pm #7

I got the same email, will come early Feb when the records/cds are released individually.

January 4th, 2018, 9:41 pm #8

Finally had an email from Warners, with a case number and confirmation that my request is being processed, so something’s happening at last.

January 5th, 2018, 11:21 am #9

I got my replacement before Christmas, but I did email them as soon as it was announced

January 10th, 2018, 5:09 am #10

Emailed them my requirement on Friday 5th Jan, Got confirmation on Monday 8th Jan and received replacement CD Tuesday 9th Jan.

Super service

January 10th, 2018, 2:17 pm #11

I recieved immediately the first mail
After two hours this one:

Hello

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this.

Thank you for providing us with your proof of purchase receipt, we have now raised the replacement for you.

Your order number is

If you have any further questions at all, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Warner Music Customer Services

January 10th, 2018, 2:35 pm #12

They're apparently still trying to process mine, even though I immediately emailed them as well. Does it maybe have something to do with the fact that I'm in the US?

January 11th, 2018, 6:43 am #13

I don’t think so Tyler, my brother requested straight away and hasn’t got his yet. We are in the U.K.

January 11th, 2018, 6:45 pm #14

I also requested mine straight away and heard nothing. I forward the email again on Tuesday with a message asking where it was and received a copy today. I am also in the UK.

January 12th, 2018, 11:53 pm #15

I’ve got mine !

January 13th, 2018, 2:23 am #16

Have people got the vinyl, or just CDs so far?

January 13th, 2018, 2:28 am #17

I got both the CD and vinyl today.

January 17th, 2018, 2:19 pm #18

"HEROES" ALBUM UPDATE

• NAME
• EMAIL ADDRESS

Now got this email

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this.

Thank you for providing us with your proof of purchase receipt, we have now raised the replacement for you.

Your order number is
Unfortunately, due to high demand, we are waiting for more copies of the replacements to be produced.

As soon as we receive these your copy will be dispatched to you.

If you have any further questions at all, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Tash

Warner Music Customer Services

January 17th, 2018, 11:18 pm #19

For those of you who have received your replacements - what do they look like? Just the CD? Is it pressed or a CDR? Slipcase? Did the LP come with a new sleeve? Still waiting on mine /:

January 18th, 2018, 12:23 am #20

Thylacine8 - to my eye the CD looks pressed, in fact it seems to have the usual slightly gold hue of these box discs. Both LP and CD come in plain white paper sleeves, the LP being in the kind of paper inner sleeve you expect to find inside the album's outer cardboard 'artwork' sleeve.

January 18th, 2018, 3:29 am #21

Thanks! Glad it’s gold to match the other discs (:

June 6th, 2018, 11:56 am #22

This offer is no longer being honored.  I got the set with the problem disk, sent in the required info, and got the following response.  Seems like a raw deal to me.

The offer for replacement discs of “Heroes” from the David Bowie box set “A New Career In A New Town (1977-1982)” has now come to an end. We apologise for the inconvenience, and understand it must be disappointing. However, the version of the album with the updated “Heroes” is available from all streaming and download services, as well as on individual CD and LP via all good physical outlets.

Thanks,
Charlie 
Your Warner Music Customer Service Team

August 4th, 2018, 12:08 pm #23

Just an FYI for all here.
No matter WHAT warner music are saying, this is not a limited offer but in reality they have supplied flawed and/or faulty goods and they are legally obliged to replace or refund faulty goods under the terms of the Trades Descriptions Act, The Sale Of Goods Act & various other consumer rights legislation.
I have finally managed to get both my Vinyl copies replaced (I have 2 box sets, one opened & one still sealed, as per all of these) as well as the CD box & the HD download versions (I know, I am a mug, but that is not the point here) and the HD version was replaced almost immediately.
The CD/Vinyl replacements never did arrive though, despite my applying for these as soon as it was made known by Warner Music. So when I read here that the "offer" to replace faulty stock that was bought in good faith had ended, I wrote in again & like various people here I got a reply saying the offer had ended.
So I wrote again this time pointing out that replacement of flawed or faulty stock is not an offer but a duty under the various acts listed, and I got my replacements within 2 weeks of this letter. All I had to do was take a photograph of the box sets in question and supply this as proof of purchase.

The CD arrived in a white paper slipcase, and the vinyls also arrived in white plastic lined paper sleeves.

Anybody who still thinks this is withdrawn & who has not received their replacements should write again, pointing out that they supplied flawed pressings & it is up to them to replace them - especially since flawed sets are still in stock worldwide & still being sold with the dodgy pressings.

Do not let them fob you off.

August 4th, 2018, 1:41 pm #24

Whilst I’m no lawyer, isn’t there a time limit on these things? Otherwise their obligation could go on for literally years.

I mean imagine if 7 years down the line say, someone says hey! I’ve just bought a brand new Bowie box set and the Heroes track is dodgy I want the company to live up to its responsibility and replace my disc. Do they then expect Parlophone to go to all the trouble and expense of making a disc for that one person, or even a few people who might claim sometime in the distant future.

It isn’t going to happen, and neither should it.

Be fair.
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together. 👍

August 4th, 2018, 1:45 pm #25

If the product is still on release & not deleted, and you can prove you bought it in good faith and it is faulty then they must replace of requested - sale of goods act.

August 4th, 2018, 1:55 pm #26

neilwilkes wrote: If the product is still on release & not deleted, and you can prove you bought it in good faith and it is faulty then they must replace of requested - sale of goods act.
So if it’s actually deleted their obligation ends even though someone might buy a brand new box that is left over stock several years down the line?

If their obligation is still ongoing so long as the box is still actually on sale and being produced, then surely Parlophone would have a record of how many dodgy boxes they have produced and sold and will have made the correct number of required replacement discs, in which case yes! I agree you should still be able to claim.

How do you prove you have a dodgy box though? A picture surely isn’t enough. Surely you would need to produce proof of a product number or something.
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together. 👍

August 4th, 2018, 4:18 pm #27

"How do you prove you have a dodgy box though? A picture surely isn’t enough. "
Don't be silly, any and all ANCIANT box sets were faulty and so was Visconti.

August 4th, 2018, 4:38 pm #28

I’m not being silly because If the box is still currently being produced and widely available and still actually on sale, that means Parlophone still have a responsibility to correct their mistake as we have established, you would assume one being manufactured as recently as last week for example, would be manufactured with the corrected disc. Only those manufactured before the fault was highlighted would logically contain the faulty disc. So what’s to stop me buying a recently manufactured box with the correct disc and just claiming a free Heroes disc for my mate or to sell on Flea Bay or whatever.

Maybe it’s the cynic in me but if I was Parlophone I’d make sure all scams were covered otherwise it could cost my company a lot of  money and time hence the need surely to provide a product number that matches a dodgy box as proof.

August 6th, 2018, 7:30 am #29

FTcollector wrote: "How do you prove you have a dodgy box though? A picture surely isn’t enough. "
Don't be silly, any and all ANCIANT box sets were faulty and so was Visconti.
Yes they were, but do not blame Tony for this SNAFU - when you get to the stage of there (allegedly) being 50+ test pressings to wade through then with the best will and intention in the world things are going to slip through the net - believe me, I do this shit for a living myself and there are slip-throughs.
This error should have been picked up by the mastering house so leave TV alone for once - I honestly get sick & tired of people who do not know what they are talking about constantly giving the man a hard time.

August 6th, 2018, 8:15 am #30

Your both saying they were or are all faulty, so are you both saying currently produced boxes are also faulty? Surely that can not be correct.

I agree though Tony Visconti does often get a bad rap by Bowie fans, a lot of the time unjustifiably. I personally take the view that he did a good job with ANCIANT. Low for example sounds the best it ever has on a CD release. A lot of fans might not like the throbbing bass on the conventional tracks but that is meant to be how it sounds as far as I’m concerned. I know there are those who will disagree with that which is fine. Either way Visconti was very close to Bowie over the years and a very integral part of Bowie’s history and success, and whilst he isn’t always correct or right ( Who is? ) he deserves a lot more respect and credit than the slatings he often gets.

August 6th, 2018, 3:45 pm #31

'he deserves a lot more respect and credit than the slatings he often gets'.
Indeed.
Pity TMWSTW didn't sound as 'sonically' great as Electric Warrior, though.
Mind you, TV did blame Ronson for some of that: 'That was Mick on the mix!', etc.
Pity also about the somewhat sanitised autobiography, written in the golden glow after Bowie let him back in the house.
I was quite struck by Visconti's comment at the time that if he'd written the book while they were still estranged 'It would have been a very, very different book, indeed.'
Hmmm...

August 6th, 2018, 5:06 pm #32

Larranaga wrote: Pity also about the somewhat sanitised autobiography, written in the golden glow after Bowie let him back in the house.
I was quite struck by Visconti's comment at the time that if he'd written the book while they were still estranged 'It would have been a very, very different book, indeed.'
Hmmm...
Well I suppose Visconti knew Bowie as well as anyone. That’s the trouble with autobiography's, you never really know if they are really 100% accurate because as you alude to, it depends where the writer is at with regards to his or her mindset and period of their life or the subjects for that matter.

One thing we do kind of know is Bowie wasn’t always a saint.

August 6th, 2018, 5:49 pm #33

" ...leave TV alone for once - I honestly get sick & tired of people who do not know what they are talking about constantly giving the man a hard time."

You are probably forgetting the initial response by Warner Music after fans had reported the volume drop. Warner tried to wipe it under the carpet, pointed at TV (his decision) and TV stated the 'loss of energy' had always been on the tape. Furthermore TV had made it clear that any mastering decisions were done under his supervision. So he owed the following customer dissatisfaction entirely to himself. If the newly bass boosted Low sounds good to you, well enjoy. Plenty of of fans with good ears and system dislike the new sound. It is peculiar that that will from now on be the default sound, just because TV posthumously decided this is the way it was supposed to sound at first release. Just because you work in the field does not mean other people don't know what they're talking about. Visconti there proved that very point. Like most fans I have great admiration for his work for Bowie, but he should draw a line before rewriting history.

August 6th, 2018, 6:13 pm #34

Wasn’t the idea of these box sets to use the very original master tapes for each particular disc / album and to make them sound the best they ever have and not to import another source to fix faults? I’m sure I read about that somewhere. If that is the case then Visconti  can’t be blamed for the degradation of a decades old tape, he simply worked with what he was told to work with didn’t he.

On the subject of the bass heavy Low.  I do appreciate everyone has their own personal opinion on things like this but for me it’s as near to my original 70s Low album vinyl sound as it can be on CD, but again my hearing possibly has age deteriated, it just works for me. I also have a pretty good Hifi system as well. The breakout box CDs sound so good to me personally that I ended up buying them individually. Still cheaper than buying the boxes though.