GOOD-BYE MR. ED

9:44 PM - Sep 28, 2018 #1

Your way or the highway
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together.

10:28 PM - Sep 28, 2018 #2

Where has edetley’s rant gone? It’s disappeared and it now looks like I started this thread and I didn’t.

Shame 🙁it was quite entertaining. 😃
SHHWEEET! IS....A self confessed, radicalised David Bowie knob ha! ha! I’m in good company. Let’s all celebrate together.

2:47 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #3

Shame I missed it - was it full of hyperbole, dubious and unsupported claims and multiple exclamation marks, by any chance?

3:59 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #4

Oh yes! the fabled rant.  Few saw it, many believing that it never occurred at all.  Some say, that SHHWEEET! fabricated the whole thing, trying to pass-it-off as a genuine edetley post, pointing to the fact that his name (SHHWEEET! and not edetley) is sited as being its author.

But no.....I remember exactly where I was at the time.  Hyperbole, dubious unsupported claims, the exclamation marks, yes, yes, yes, all of that, but it was the CAPITAL LETTERS, Oh! those capitals.  Not just one or two, but a copious outpouring quite unlike anything I have ever seen before...........

Well, since the last time I saw something similar posted here. 

5:08 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #5

bianniottonaim wrote: Oh yes! the fabled rant.  Few saw it, many believing that it never occurred at all.  Some say, that SHHWEEET! fabricated the whole thing, trying to pass-it-off as a genuine edetley post, pointing to the fact that his name (SHHWEEET! and not edetley) is sited as being its author.

But no.....I remember exactly where I was at the time.  Hyperbole, dubious unsupported claims, the exclamation marks, yes, yes, yes, all of that, but it was the CAPITAL LETTERS, Oh! those capitals.  Not just one or two, but a copious outpouring quite unlike anything I have ever seen before...........

Well, since the last time I saw something similar posted here. 
Who was it who thought I wrote it?

I can confirm for the record it certainly wasn’t me despite it being shortly deleted not long after I replied to it, which then made it look like I started this thread? To be totally honest I’ve better things to do with my time than play silly buggers on a message board like that. What concerns me is if someone starts a thread like that, then someone replies, and then the thread starters rant or whatever is deleted or disappears, it looks like the person who replied is in the frame for what some here apparently think I did. Perhaps Paul Kinder would like to explain what’s going on and who deleted that really quite out of this world rant?

On the subject of edetley‘s rant, it was quite something, going on about how some of us were not Bowie fans presumably because some of us dared question Bowie’s film acting skills ( I think ) Honestly when I was reading it I was having trouble taking all the details, insults, etc, in, it was that full on. Oh yes! the capitals and exclamation marks. The full thing was in capitals with numerous exclamation marks, had it been a real life shouting at, I would have needed a full pack of Anadin Extra headache pills to fully recover.

This rant was so OTT that I genuinely fear for the mental health of the person who wrote it. To fire off something like that because some have a difference  of opinion on something to do with David Bowie shows a serious imbalance with regards to reality. I mean we can all disagree with each other on something or even wind each other up, but to come out with something like that? Honestly I don’t know what to really say.

I’m glad you saw it bianniottonaim, at least you can back up the fact it was certainly real and wasn’t me. Surely it wasn’t just you and me that read it though, although it was quite late at night if I remember.

I wish I’d copied it so I could repost it here.

5:26 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #6

Paul will probably have deleted it when he saw the extent to which edetley had gone off on one.
Goodbye Mr. Ed, indeed, then - hopefully for good or at least til the meds are working again.
I think the kids call them 'meds', anyway...

5:34 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #7

Larranaga wrote: Paul will probably have deleted it when he saw the extent to which edetley had gone off on one.
Goodbye Mr. Ed, indeed, then - hopefully for good or at least til the meds are working again.
I think the kids call them 'meds', anyway...
I agree he probably did, but I would quite like him to explain how by doing so it looks like I ( The first person to reply) was some sort of instigator of it all.

5:48 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #8

I expect the removal of edetley's rant made Shhweeet's the first surviving post and the tapatalk system just defaults to having the 'author' as the first post in the thread, even if it was originally the second, etc. Summat like that, anyhow.

9:09 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #9

Larranaga wrote: I expect the removal of edetley's rant made Shhweeet's the first surviving post and the tapatalk system just defaults to having the 'author' as the first post in the thread, even if it was originally the second, etc. Summat like that, anyhow.

Yep I think that’s whats happened although if that’s what the tapatalk system does then it could cause all kinds of mischief on here in future.

I think PK as the site owner needs to come on here with some kind of explanation to be honest, starting with did he delete edertley’s rant?

9:31 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #10

First of all SHHWEEET! I was being flippant with regard to anybody having said anything.  I was just trying to be light-hearted, as if it was a significant event with conspiracy-like connotations, due to the fact, that the removal of the post, pointed the finger toward you.  There have been some interesting characters here over the years who have played more parts than Bowie ever did.

Paul has a very serious responsibility to discourage or stop on-line bullying, and while nobody was guilty of doing that, there is no doubt that edetley felt or would have felt, that it was indeed the case, if Paul had not removed the post.  Not doing so, would have invited comments, that upon someone so sensitive to a difference of opinion, would have been wrong. 
You never know who you are speaking to on the net, their sincerity, or where they currently are in their life.  Comments made off the cuff can be construed as scathing and hurtful and humor can be misinterpreted likewise.  As for a difference of opinion......
Well let's face it, there is only me around here who knows anything (I think I'd better bang a smiley face in there....Where do I get a smiley?). 😉 Ah! there you are

1:53 AM - Oct 02, 2018 #11

bianniottonaim wrote: First of all SHHWEEET! I was being flippant with regard to anybody having said anything.  I was just trying to be light-hearted, as if it was a significant event with conspiracy-like connotations, due to the fact, that the removal of the post, pointed the finger toward you.  There have been some interesting characters here over the years who have played more parts than Bowie ever did.

Paul has a very serious responsibility to discourage or stop on-line bullying, and while nobody was guilty of doing that, there is no doubt that edetley felt or would have felt, that it was indeed the case, if Paul had not removed the post.  Not doing so, would have invited comments, that upon someone so sensitive to a difference of opinion, would have been wrong. 
You never know who you are speaking to on the net, their sincerity, or where they currently are in their life.  Comments made off the cuff can be construed as scathing and hurtful and humor can be misinterpreted likewise.  As for a difference of opinion......
Well let's face it, there is only me around here who knows anything (I think I'd better bang a smiley face in there....Where do I get a smiley?). 😉 Ah! there you are
Oh ok I thought you were being serious. No matter 🙂

As for the interesting characters you mention who played more parts than Bowie, 😄 I wouldn’t know, I’ve only been here for a few weeks.

I haven’t seen any real online bullying since I’ve been here. I’ve seen differences of opinions, robust replies, sarcasm, joking, etc, but online bullying? Certainly nothing that should provoke a rant like that from edertley. It was the rant of someone who had completely lost the plot.

If I was that sensitive to things that were said to me, or about me on here, I’d just leave quietly without any fuss. Why would I stay if things upset me that much. Either way I wouldn’t feel the need to leave so dramatically like edertley apparently has. Also if your going to post a rant like that then surely it’s obvious it’s going to attract comments. It strikes me it was the act of a total attention seeker. He / she knew what he / she was doing, and is probably loving the reactions he / she is getting in this thread.

If so, I’m happy to have obliged.

9:30 AM - Oct 02, 2018 #12

I was glad to see the back of some of the 'interesting characters', but I do miss Ena sometimes - ok, I know she was a somewhat polarising figure,
but that was a brilliant gag about Holy Holy looking as if they'd got Barry Cryer on bass!

10:45 AM - Oct 02, 2018 #13

Edetley claimed in the "rant"to have made some good  posts, valid and worthy of serous consideration and they were.  Sam (Whitecaps) similarly raised matters which  were "interesting".  As a character he was totally barking in an amusing way, I really liked him.  Going back a few years though, most people were more interested in Claude's latest recipe than talking about Bowie. His threads went on and on, generating more comments than Bowie's death did,  REALLY!  Paul must have felt  that he was running a cooking site.  Then there were those who (or so it was generally acknowledged) had long conversations with themselves under two different names.  It is all very normal now.  Edetley should be glad he never came across Steven.

10:57 AM - Oct 02, 2018 #14

If only we'd known who Sailor was at the time... 😉

1:17 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #15

Who was Steven?

Sounds like there have been interesting times on here

7:16 AM - Oct 07, 2018 #16

Larranaga wrote: I was glad to see the back of some of the 'interesting characters', but I do miss Ena sometimes - ok, I know she was a somewhat polarising figure,
but that was a brilliant gag about Holy Holy looking as if they'd got Barry Cryer on bass!
I’m still here dear. I’ve had a lot of stuff to deal with, my daughter transitioned this year so that took up some time as you can imagine, yes she’s finally moved from cd and downloads to vinyl, she’s had her new equipment installed and is quite the guy!

X
I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star