Getting seriously pissed off with Warners and the catalogue mishandling

June 28th, 2018, 7:57 am #1

So now things are getting beyond the point of "Bloody Stupid" with the utter mismanagement of the catalogue via Warners.
Not only is there the great Box Set fiasco with flawed discs (and these can still be replaced but I will detail this in the relevant thread), but there is also the one that is really irritating me - the restricted sale of High Resolution downloads - and their "quality".
This started with the second Box Set - in the USA it was possible to buy a version that included 7 titles, yet in the UK it was only possible to get a version with just 5 titles (the missing albums were the 2010 remix of "Station To Station" and the 2016 remaster of the remixed version of "David Live")  - why were these not included in the UK version? There is no good reason I can think of.
Now it happens again with "Welcome To The Blackout" - not available in the UK, yet the fucker was recorded here by a chap born here but the record is not available for licensing reasons and the labels piss and moan about illegal downloading? I wonder why someone like me would do this after being told I cannot actually buy it legally - even though I bought the RSD vinyl (which is not a great pressing - yet again) and the 2CD version (which is for sale) yet I am not allowed to buy the high res version. It's stupid beyond belief

June 28th, 2018, 8:59 am #2

Yes it does make a lot of sense. Just like living in Berlin and not have the Berlin 78 vinyl there at the David Bowie Is exhibition and see it pop up for New Yorkers. Warners/Parlophone have proven many times they just don't give a shit about loyal fans and customers. You just have to be eternally grateful for being able to buy the few things that you can.