David Bowie Announces Music Video Competition for the 40th Anniversary of Ziggy!!!

David Bowie Announces Music Video Competition for the 40th Anniversary of Ziggy!!!

27 May 2012, 05:15 #1

Calling All Filmmakers: David Bowie Announces Music Video Competition for the 40th Anniversary of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars.

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of David Bowies truly groundbreaking and hugely influential album, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars, Genero.tv is giving fans the chance to make the music video for the iconic title track, Ziggy Stardust.

Filmmakers have until June 8th to upload their full-length music video to the site. The winner will receive a $4,000 prize and will have their video published upom completion of the contest. For more details visit Genero.tv/DavidBowie.

The 40th anniversary edition, which has been remastered by original studio engineer Ray Staff, will be available June 5th on CD and a special limited edition vinyl with a 5.1 surround sound mix and high resolution DVD audio.

The DVD audio also features previously unreleased 2003 mixes of Moonage Daydream (instrumental), The Supermen, Velvet Goldmine, and Sweet Head. Pre-order now on Amazon.

~ Music-News.com

<a href="http://myspace.com/bowiemash" rel="nofollow">
</a>

27 May 2012, 05:51 #2

$4,000 is a cheap way to make a Video Clip without leaving his apartment!

"I Love The Smell Of Adelaide In The Evening"

27 May 2012, 07:32 #3

That's... not a lot of time.

27 May 2012, 10:28 #4

it isn't, is it?

I'm doing vinyl transfers to CD-R / pc at the moment.

The whole exerise, CD-R to pc (old fashioned I know, but this way I feel more confident that there won't be errors - I received errors fully digitally transfers of music sent to me by two different people recently, so this old graft method suits me best), check levels, bring up volume if need be, de-click, listen, compare to other sources, any further de-clicking...fitting around a day job takes several days.

So, a video project - get it ready, then upload it, within ten days, sheesh!

Still a nice idea though, and I guess that way they will get relatively less flooded with entrants.

------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures | My stuff, if you like bad singing

27 May 2012, 10:39 #5

What a load of wank!

Perhaps David Bowie should have offered fans the chance to select bonus tracks for the re-issue instead?

27 May 2012, 15:03 #6

Are we sure this isn't another hoax? There's no actual sign of Mr. Bowie's personal participation.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg
Last edited by crackedemerald on 27 May 2012, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Schtum!"

27 May 2012, 15:10 #7

It's a standard 2010s reissue thing. Queen did it too last year with their reissue. The winner was actually quite good. I can't see Bowie fans having the humour to do a real nice tongue in cheek tribute to a masterful artist. Probably rainly london streets at night with images of the cosmos superimposed. And a girl in a dress shopping for records. On Heddon Street. In the rain. At night. In a dress.

28 May 2012, 22:17 #8

Calling All Filmmakers: David Bowie Announces Music Video Competition for the 40th Anniversary of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars.

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of David Bowies truly groundbreaking and hugely influential album, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars, Genero.tv is giving fans the chance to make the music video for the iconic title track, Ziggy Stardust.

Filmmakers have until June 8th to upload their full-length music video to the site. The winner will receive a $4,000 prize and will have their video published upom completion of the contest. For more details visit Genero.tv/DavidBowie.

The 40th anniversary edition, which has been remastered by original studio engineer Ray Staff, will be available June 5th on CD and a special limited edition vinyl with a 5.1 surround sound mix and high resolution DVD audio.

The DVD audio also features previously unreleased 2003 mixes of Moonage Daydream (instrumental), The Supermen, Velvet Goldmine, and Sweet Head. Pre-order now on Amazon.

~ Music-News.com

<a href="http://myspace.com/bowiemash" rel="nofollow">
</a>
Oh fuck ..... thanks hangman ....... ill have to start again now

Love On.
Craig