Buskers ........

Buskers ........

February 22nd, 2012, 5:57 pm #1

I was in Boston (Lincs) town centre today and stumbled across a guy strumming 'The Passenger' it was great to hear an Iggy Pop song being played in the street and it made me smile Funny how little things can bring cheer. I stopped and had a chat to him and gave him some change.. It made my day to hear something really good..

Has anyone else listened to any good buskers? Playing some Bowie perhaps? If so what were they playing?

February 22nd, 2012, 6:15 pm #2

i hope you didn't give change to a dude who didn't bother with having a foot-peddle drum and harmonica...was he really trying?

----------------------------

green eggs and ham
Last edited by wokwokwok on February 22nd, 2012, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2012, 6:23 pm #3

Lol....well, he did have a harmonica..

February 22nd, 2012, 6:27 pm #4

you just reminded me of a time in boston...anyways...if he was really trying he should have had a pet dog wearing some human baby clothes...

----------------------------

green eggs and ham

February 22nd, 2012, 6:43 pm #5

No...no dog, if he had had a dog wearing human baby clothes he would have probably been arrested! It was 'market' day after all...and he was having a hard enough time of it as it was....Still, full marks for trying tho' .....

February 22nd, 2012, 6:48 pm #6

Chuckling away with this Tracy

</b>

February 22nd, 2012, 7:01 pm #7

Ant

February 22nd, 2012, 8:01 pm #8

I was in Boston (Lincs) town centre today and stumbled across a guy strumming 'The Passenger' it was great to hear an Iggy Pop song being played in the street and it made me smile Funny how little things can bring cheer. I stopped and had a chat to him and gave him some change.. It made my day to hear something really good..

Has anyone else listened to any good buskers? Playing some Bowie perhaps? If so what were they playing?
Some day ago a young busker was playing "Space Oddity" with his guitar in the Milan subway, a very nice performance, I given him ten euros.

-----------
Claude

February 22nd, 2012, 8:03 pm #9

Tell 'em about the puppet man Ant! That'll scare 'em!

-----------------------------------------------

February 22nd, 2012, 8:09 pm #10

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

February 22nd, 2012, 8:11 pm #11

Boston Lincs, eh? Used to work at Pilgrim Hospital 1981-82. Surprised these days he wasn't playing the Polish National Anthem!

We used to drink in The Mill Inn on the A52 near Pilgrim Hospital on the road to Skegness. Is it still open?

I recall a rude parrot in a pet shop in Boston but not as good as this one:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

---------------------
webmaster@helden.org.uk
http://www.helden.org.uk

February 22nd, 2012, 8:15 pm #12

Tell 'em about the puppet man Ant! That'll scare 'em!

-----------------------------------------------
"Tell 'em about the puppet man Ant! That'll scare 'em!"

LOL!

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="480"></embed></object>

</b>

February 22nd, 2012, 8:24 pm #13

He's a Bowie fan, he's old, he's a twat, he has a transportation box from Italy and he's from Norwich. Hmmmm........now who could he be?

---------------------
webmaster@helden.org.uk

February 22nd, 2012, 8:27 pm #14

"He's a Bowie fan, he's old, he's a twat, he has a transportation box from Italy and he's from Norwich. Hmmmm........now who could he be?"

</b>

February 22nd, 2012, 8:30 pm #15

"Tell 'em about the puppet man Ant! That'll scare 'em!"

LOL!

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="480"></embed></object>

</b>

Ant..That's priceless.. !! :D You have me in tears!!! The things you have to do to supplement the pension these days... Beats my busker today..is it always like this in Norwich? It must be something to do with the Fens..!

February 22nd, 2012, 8:46 pm #16

Boston Lincs, eh? Used to work at Pilgrim Hospital 1981-82. Surprised these days he wasn't playing the Polish National Anthem!

We used to drink in The Mill Inn on the A52 near Pilgrim Hospital on the road to Skegness. Is it still open?

I recall a rude parrot in a pet shop in Boston but not as good as this one:

---------------------
webmaster@helden.org.uk
Lol....! I think a local lass must have bought the one from the petshop it is an African Grey called Archie..he swears alot too..

Yes, I have been to the Pilgrim today, I worked there in the 90's, the Mill is still open, still going strong...

Lot's of Eastern Europeans in Boston...my hairdresser is from Transilvania..

February 22nd, 2012, 8:51 pm #17

Some day ago a young busker was playing "Space Oddity" with his guitar in the Milan subway, a very nice performance, I given him ten euros.

-----------
Claude
'Space Oddity' Claude ....excellent! I would pay 10 Euros for that

February 22nd, 2012, 8:59 pm #18

Lol....! I think a local lass must have bought the one from the petshop it is an African Grey called Archie..he swears alot too..

Yes, I have been to the Pilgrim today, I worked there in the 90's, the Mill is still open, still going strong...

Lot's of Eastern Europeans in Boston...my hairdresser is from Transilvania..
Lovely to hear about the old place. Thanks for your reply.

---------------------
webmaster@helden.org.uk

February 22nd, 2012, 9:00 pm #19

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.
Ages since I have seen that commercial Michael...reminiscent of a Friday night in Boston..

February 22nd, 2012, 9:03 pm #20

Lovely to hear about the old place. Thanks for your reply.

---------------------
webmaster@helden.org.uk
Well..they have re-paved the market place, other than that not alot else has changed..!

February 22nd, 2012, 9:29 pm #21

Ant..That's priceless.. !! :D You have me in tears!!! The things you have to do to supplement the pension these days... Beats my busker today..is it always like this in Norwich? It must be something to do with the Fens..!
"Ant..That's priceless.. !! :D You have me in tears!!! The things you have to do to supplement the pension these days... Beats my busker today..is it always like this in Norwich? It must be something to do with the Fens..!"

L-o-n-g cold boring winters, nothing but endless fields of winter crops, inbreeding and cheap booze from Morrisons

</b>